Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Frightening spells

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by softtea, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Hey all, I've been a lurker here for years but I have forgotten my account credentials. So I made a new one!

In the past 6 months I have been unable to smoke or when I do, it results in these horrendous dizzy/fainting spells. I have yet to actually faint but there are times I know I've come very close to it. I've read quite a bit about blood pressure and other possibly reasons this could occur. My blood pressure is low/normal but I do know my heart beat is quite fast. Always has been.

Ive keep my smoking to a minimum, waiting several minutes before deciding to do something while high and only taking 1 baby hit off of a metal cig every two weeks. Sometimes it's functional yet dizzy and other times I cannot walk. I have to lay down. If I stand or move I suffer these strong headrushes, weakness, nasuea, blurred vision and disorientation. Laying down and waiting for it to pass is the only solution. I don't think it has anything to do with what I've eaten or havent, I've done a lot of trial and error and that's not a factor. Hydration is but I'm very good and keeping that up. I always carry a waterbottle with me.

There is only one change I can think of, 6 months ago I put in a Neplanon arm implanted birth control. Could this be the cause? Any ladies have this happen? Or any guys too?

I haven't tried a different method of thc, mostly due to availability.

Yesterday, I waited a few minutes to see how I felt and went for a short jog. Felt great! Then I decided to take my bike on a leisurely ride to the gas station to buy munchies. Suddenly towards the end of the neighborhood I felt faint and began to feel massive headrushes. I started to loose balance, vision blurred, heart beat was excessivly rapid along with my breathing and every muscle felt weak. The 50ft away house felt like 20 miles, every step felt strained. I began to vomit uncontrollably, ducking behind bushes to not scare anyone and I lost balance several times. I threw up all over my own leg and kept on trying to get home. At this point, I had to tell myself to keep going and not pass out in the sidewalk.

I made it home, left the front door open and bike in front of it. Collapsed up stairs and laid there for half an hr. After I felt ok, I got up and was alright the rest of the evening. I was tired, drained and weak the rest of the night. Same for this morning. The bags under my eyes are a deep purple and I am clearly not as coherent as I normally am.

I am not a new smoker, I've cut down to function on the past year and half but before then it wasn't unusual for me go through a large ammount of weed in a week. Plus, edibles, vape oils and other types. :^/ Hope I can get some feed back, this is pure torture.

2. you need to see a Doc, nobody in here can diagnose you online and those symptoms aren't something to mess around with. if it helps it sounds like something not related to cannabis. i have low blood pressure and i'm hypoglycemic but never experienced anything like you describe, perhaps occasionally for a few minutes but never like that.

3. Yikes! Sounds intense. :^/ I have an appointment Thursday to remove the implant. I'm curious if that will fix it.

4. When you go to the Doc tell him/her you are using Cannabis.

5. Good luck, I hope the implant was the cause and taking it out helps.  That sounds like quite a bummer.

6. I will definitely will let the Doc know I smoke. The past few attempts trying to enjoy have turned extremely intense. It's been 24 hrs since this episode and I still feel like crud.  Today was the most out of it Ive felt in a long time. Ill update and let you guys know what happens Thursday with the Doc. I really hope it turns out to be harmless birth control hormones and blood pressure issues. 

7. Sounds crazy get to a doctor asap

Sent from this guy