Friends who dont toke

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by greenbliss, Oct 30, 2009.

1. I obviously spend way more time with friends who smoke weed since I do it as well, but I have a few non stoner friends, do you? How well do you get along with them?

I love having a few non stoner friends, its a great way to just hang out and do things other than just getting baked. Its also nice to know there are people who like me who for who I really am and not just through weed.

Your thoughts?

2. I know a bunch of ppl who dont toke. My roomate in rez doesnt smoke and never has, and i will never pressure him to, if he walks up one day and asks for a hit i wont say no though...lol. Still one of the most down to earth people to hang with, and a fucking awesome dood.

Also another buddy of mine who actualyl introduced me to blazing (hitting a pop-can pipe in my backyard like 3 years ago:D) doesn't blaze anymore. He met a nice girl who doesnt blaze, and he quit straight up and quit smoking too. Good for him, if the girl is worth it why not.

Those are probably my two closest friends i have that don't blaze. I have a lot of other "friends" who i will see at parties or whatever, and they dont blaze either. Its nice to go chill with them, you see that you dont gotta be high to enjoy everything in life. At the same time, being able to go out and blaze is awesome.

Everything in moderation, thats the key.

3. I like this idea but it seems like most people I know, I eventually find out they smoke when I thought there was no way they would. I can only imagine the both of us were trying to find people who don't smoke only to find out we both get high.

I think I actually have more of these kinds of friends than your typical stoner friend.

4. I know what you mean. I had horrible time making stoner friends when I first tried it. Now it seems like everyone I meet just happens to be a stoner some how.

5. It's cool to have friends that you can hit up to smoke and stuff.. but the realest ones are the ones you usually hang out with sober, yet are down to burn any time.

6. What??? I thought 100% of the population smoked. Just half of them deni it.

7. I got a fair few non-smoker friends, but recently it seems that everyone, even those id be like... NO FUCKIN WAY!!.. are getting high for their first times. Its a beautiful thing and I hope they come to appreciate its worth.

Yet I also have the other friends who wont touch it for different reasons, which is cool in my mind. Im not into pressuring, but i will offer a toke whenever possible just to make sure there not suddenly interested ;) Caus who doesn't like getting people high off their minds for the first time. What a privilege.

Luckily most of my close friends, I knew before smoking, so its not like... 'Lets get high and never hang out sober kinda shit'.

'the realest ones are the ones you usually hang out with sober, yet are down to burn any time.' <----- This is truth.

8. I had a good friend who flat out told me to never ask him to smoke with me again, I didn't. It never affected our relationship.

9. I never had any friend do that. Some I know though there is no point is asking.

10. One of my closest friends from school doesn't toke. He was the headboy at my school but we did blaze up on a few occasions. He had a really really bad incident with a bong though so he hasn't really had a session since then. He's cool as fuck though, from Botswana but has lived in UK most of his life. We have literally all the same interests. But yeah I couldn't give a fuck he doesn't toke weed, just like he doesn't give a fuck that I do toke weed, it doesn't make us any less close friends.

11. its because everyone does smoke weed now days

12. I dont think its changed that much. My first hit of weed was in 2002. If I was older and first toked in the 80's yeah, that could make sense, but Im 24 and a still consider myself a young toker. Maybe not a young as most people here, but under 25 is considered young around here in the US.

13. I only have one friend who smokes since I moved from my home state and away from my old circle back in '03. I don't see my friend who smokes (here) often due to just growing up/life related things that everyone eventually hits. My two friends that I see a lot more often don't smoke but they have no problem with it, just not for them. I've gone from liking to smoke with a lot of people for social situations to just liking to kick back after a hard days work and burning one with a good movie or video game. I still blaze before going out with my non-smoking friends and we still have a great time going out to eat or to the movies and things like that.

14. yea man some of my best friends are non stoners, mostly drinkers. theyre still cool but sometimes annoying cuz of joking around calling us potheads, but in a friendly way joking around. but who gives a fuck wut ppl say rite?

15. i have a couple more friends who do smoke than don't. it used to be the other way around, but recently everyone i know has started smoking, as some people have said even the ones that make you go :eek: when you find out. but one of my favorite people to smoke with is a girl who doesn't smoke. i smoke and she doesn't and then we just chill. she's really laid back and completely cool with me lighting up without her so it's really nice.

16. i have a few friends that dont smoke and i get along with em just fine, i have other things in common with them and they dont have a problem with the fact that i smoke. i've actually gotten them to try weed a few times and they liked it when before they had even tried it they were really against it..

17. I know what you mean. Like today, i went over to my friends house, and we didnt smoke at all, we just sat there and listened to music we used to listen to back when we were freshman and sophmores. It was a good night,

18. I used to smoke every day, and probably 1/3 of my friends didn't smoke, they all knew I did but just didn't see it as a big deal...There may have been one or two people that didn't know and I wasn't about to bring it up or anything

19. Yeah, I know what you mean. Despite only having two non-stoner FRIENDS, I have SEVERAL non stoner ACQUAINTANCES. My two non stoner friends are both really close, they havent really made fun of me for it. But my non-stoner acquaintances, really rip into to me for smoking. I usually have alot of fun with it for a while, but they usually dont let up, and after a while it gets quite irritating. I actually wrote a thread about it this past summer.

20. I got all my non-smoker friends to start smoking. So it all works out for me.