Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Friends think I smoke too much?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ploxxies, Jan 20, 2014.

1. i spend 50 bucks on weed a week here. (wich will be cut in half when i go to college in 6 days)

if an 1/8th last you a month, and people are calling you a pot head..... either i have a problem, or your friends have no fucking clue, and have smoked only a hand full of times. 

50 bucks a month is NOT expensive.... try paying for college, rent, food, bills, dog food, drugs, gas, bills, fucking more bills, water gets shut off because you forgot the pay the bill and then they charge you a late fee bill for the bill, ETC

2. It's only "too much smoking" if the negative consequences far outweigh the gains you get from smoking. If it's a struggle to balance weed with bills, then I'd stop for awhile, but based on your case it's just a bunch of homies tryna look out for ya. Just keep everything under moderation and that'll prove them wrong.

And trust me homie, $50 a month ain't going to make you a junkie. I know dudes who go through an ounce a week.

3. Lolol complaining cause you smoke?  Are you friends with straight edge kids?

I WISH smoking is all my friends did every day, there is so much more to be worried about then smoking bud :bongin:

4. Bro forget what they say. If you have the money to buy it and aren't put robbing people or stealing to get money for bud there's no problem. That's what you do and it's your money. My thing is, there's really not much to say to them unless your gonna cut down on smoking for you friends or their gonna stop being friends with you but if not fuck it Everybody has their opinion. If you can keep your life straight and going smoking pot then there's nothing wrong with smoking everyday or a lot. The only time I see it as a problem is if you start gettin lazy, unproductive and don't get things done. But if that's not you, your good in my book.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. An eighth a month is barely above noob status if it even is

6. Sounds like your boiz aren't hood

7. I would like to INSIST that you don't heed to advice here to tell them to "fuck off" - they are your friends, and they care about you. Their concerns may be unwarranted, but they do not deserve you being mad at them. In fact, getting mad will make them pull the "you are choosing weed over us" kind of card, and it will make you look like a junkie (to them). 

You know if it is interfering with work, school, etc., or if it isn't interfering at all. My advice is to just tell them you really appreciate the concern, but you are comfortable with the amount you smoke. Ensure them that it is not interfering with responsibilities, but once it does, they are free to confront you! That's fair to both parties

8. I wouldn't necessarily say "fuck off" but I would respectfully tell them this is something I do, I am not asking you or forcing you to do it with me so I would appreciate it if you did not judge me for my choices...If they are still being judgemental of you, find some new friends...A true friend isn't going to judge you, especially over petty shit like that.

9. Wow, all these people advising you to tell your friends to "fuck off" is just ridiculous. You should educate them about marijuana seeing as they have no knowledge about it, other than propaganda-filled bullshit. To people who don't smoke weed, you just look like a druggie, so of course they will tell you that you have a problem. Just educate them.If your friend is getting hooked on pills, and you tell him that he does pills too much, and you get a response like "fuck off," it makes the pill head look like a no good junkie. The same can apply for weed to those who don't know anything about it. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. 1/8 a month is absolutely nothing.  Also, Why the shit should they care if you smoke "everyday like it's no big deal"..yah, probably because IT IS no big deal

A true friend is going to do what they think is best for you, even if that means harassing you. They are not judging you necessarily, they are trying to prove to you they are "right" - now, we know they ARE wrong, but they don't realize that. Their ignorance makes them innocent; they truly believe you are hurting yourself. If you do not respect their unrelenting care for you, then you probably should not be their friends, IMHO. 

12. #32 lessthanjeezy, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    It doesn't always come down to "caring", sometimes it is just a stubborn view someone will not change. For example, I had an X girlfriend who occasionally smoked with me over our 5 year relationship, and understood better than the general public that using cannabis is not harmful...Even so, when we were close to moving in together and the subject came up, I said that my smoking habits will not change, as It does not affect my life negatively...She was stubborn because she felt smoking everyday automatically makes you a degenerate - pure judgement. She knew about cannabis, but since I did not see something from her perspective, I was wrong. This did not have to do with her caring about me too much, quite the opposite, She just wanted to be right. And surprise surprise, we did not move in together and I broke things off eventually.

The fact is some people are stubborn and will not take your side, no matter what. I have learned it is best to let these people go by the wayside and find people who understand you better. If they actually deeply cared, they would listen to what he has to say and see it improves his life, not continually tell him he is wrong.

Would you treat your mom the same way?

14. We are talking about friendship here - not family. Not to mention, my Mother is well aware of the fact that I smoke and at first she was very upset and freaked out, but I talked to her and she understood my side and now just tells me to be careful when I am driving with it in my car since it is illegal. She doesn't constantly try to make me change my views.

15. Based on some posts I've read on here, some people smoke literally 32 times the amount of weed you do in a month, so...no, you aren't smoking too much. Hell, if you are working and can afford it and it's not negatively affecting your life, you're good. Just tell your friends it's your preference. If it's like you aren't hanging out with them anymore because you want to get high or can only enjoy life when you're stoned, then that's something else. But an 8th a month...no, you barely qualify as a stoner, haha.

That question was hypothetical. 

Point is, you want them to tolerate what you are doing, but you wont tolerate what they are doing. 

17. I'm still trying to wrap my head around an 8th a month. That is incredible... an eighth lasts a week or two max for me. I applaud you sir.

18. #38 hyperballad, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    I smoke about the same amount per month and get the same thing from some of my friends. I am not a daily smoker, but they automatically assume Im high or getting high when its not even on my mind at the time. I only have like 2 other girlfriends I can smoke with. The others just bitch about it (even though I dont even smoke around them). Lately, Ive just been telling them that its the same as them wanting a drink every now and then. But they like to bring up the fact that its illegal. 

It does get super annoying though, which is why I havent been hanging with them as much. They seem to try and get in slick remarks about my smoking every time. 

19. I have the same problem man my "best friend" got jealous when I bought an eight for 50 so the next morning he came over and stole my acid.

20. Seriously, tell them to fuck off, and the good ol' "Don't be jealous because I have frivolous cash n00bz." Straight up though, doesn't matter how much you smoke as long as you are happy. Best part of this drug, the only time you take too much is when you let it hurt your life. If you're only smokin $50 a month and you're making plenty of cash, then tell those idiots to suck ur dick. I'm a daily smoker, me and my girlfriend probably go through $150-180 dollars a month on marijuana between us two. It's a lifestyle man.