Friend's step-dad lit the lawn on fire with kerosene

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Xenfire, Jul 23, 2012.

1. So I was over at my friend's mom's place with my friend and another girl (my friend's parents are awesome, we drink with them sometimes because they're chill as hell). Anyways, we were mixing southern comfort with panama jack, which tastes amazing by the way, and it gets you twisted. We drink for a while, finished about half the panama jack and like 2/3 of the southern comfort. Eventually, me and my friend wanted to smoke some weed so we headed upstairs which is where we smoke.

We're up there for maybe 20 or 30 minutes before we decide we need some beers to go along with our sesh, so I go down to grab beers for us. Now, my friend's step-dad is a pretty interesting guy. He's got an endless amount of crazy stories to tell you and, as he puts it, he's "never stuck without words". He's always got somethin crazy to say and you never know when he's joking about some things.

Anyways, so I come downstairs for beer and I see his step-dad Jim coming out of the garage and he's holding a jug of kerosene. The neighbours that border the back of their yard have been givin them shit recently. Normally he just ignores them, closes the windows, whatever. Well tonight he was pretty drunk. Drunker than I realized at the time. He muttered somethin about how they were talking shit and he was gonna burn their house down with kerosene.

I thought he was full of shit because he's always saying crazy shit like that and like I said you don't know when he's kidding and when he's not. So I'm like fuck those guys and go upstairs.

About 10 minutes later I just hear my friends mom screeeeaming my name and saying something about burning and Jim's name, so all 3 of us upstairs run downstairs and I can see flickering light. I get to the backyard and he had lit the jug on fire and threw it on the lawn by the fence. Luckily there was not much kerosene in it because if the jug was anywhere close to full it would have most likely exploded and we wouldn't have been able to put it out as the grass has been EXTREMELY dry lately (there's actually a fire ban currently).

A decent section of the lawn was on fire and his drunk ass didnt even get the jug close to the fence so he just lit his own lawn on fire pretty much. He's out there yellin 'not sayin shit now huh!? comon daaaaaave! come on out!' and my friends mom is flipping absolute shit turning all the lights off in the house and yelling shit (she's very drunk hahaha). My friend gets the hose and sprays the fire out and we all go inside.

My female friend is talking to my friend's mom calming her down and me and my buddy kept his stepdad distracted by getting him talking about war stories. Eventually after hearing many minutes of in depth vietnam stories and of my friend's mom freaking out from the stairway (she wanted to talk to jim but he just kept telling war stories, she was sitting on the stairs).

Eventually we escaped and immediately smoked some more weed hahaha his parents retreated to their bedroom eventually. Went downstairs to see how much liquor was left and i couldn't find it. Well, I discovered the empties in the recycling bin in the garage so within that 20 - 30 minutes that we went upstairs to blaze, they finished the rest of the alcohol which ended up in jim lighting the lawn on fire.

TL;DR backyard neighbours talked shit and friend's drunk stepdad lit the lawn on fire with kerosene in his fury.

2. And that, kids, is when you know your parents are alcoholics.

3. hahahaha that is great! I'm suprized no pigs showed up or anything

4. LMAO. He's so lucky he lit his own lawn and not the neighbours.

5. Funny shit.

Also, your friends mom called your name. Oh yeah tear that ass up

6. I wouldn't say the step-dad is an alcoholic but his mom definitely is and we know it lmao. his family is pretty fucked up but she's always been there for us and it really benefitted us as teenagers because she would buy us booze all during our underage years and let us get away with a ton of shit most parents would definitely not have let happen, which was awesome.

oh god thats nasty hahahaha nooooooooooooooooooo. she called me because i was just downstairs getting the beers hahahaha she was like 'what's he doing with that?!' (the kerosene) when i left to go upstairs. then she called me back down like 10 minutes later

7. nice dude, that sounds exactly like something that happened to me once!

anyways, so I was over at my friend's mom's place with my friend and another girl (my friend's parents are awesome, we drink with them sometimes because they're chill as hell). Anyways, we were mixing southern comfort with panama jack, which tastes amazing by the way, and it gets you twisted. We drink for a while, finished about half the panama jack and like 2/3 of the southern comfort. Eventually, me and my friend wanted to smoke some weed so we headed upstairs which is where we smoke.

We're up there for maybe 20 or 30 minutes before we decide we need some beers to go along with our sesh, so I go down to grab beers for us. Now, my friend's step-dad is a pretty interesting guy. He's got an endless amount of crazy stories to tell you and, as he puts it, he's "never stuck without words". He's always got somethin crazy to say and you never know when he's joking about some things.

Anyways, so I come downstairs for beer and I see his step-dad Jim coming out of the garage and he's holding a jug of kerosene. The neighbours that border the back of their yard have been givin them shit recently. Normally he just ignores them, closes the windows, whatever. Well tonight he was pretty drunk. Drunker than I realized at the time. He muttered somethin about how they were talking shit and he was gonna burn their house down with kerosene.

I thought he was full of shit because he's always saying crazy shit like that and like I said you don't know when he's kidding and when he's not. So I'm like fuck those guys and go upstairs.

About 10 minutes later I just hear my friends mom screeeeaming my name and saying something about burning and Jim's name, so all 3 of us upstairs run downstairs and I can see flickering light. I get to the backyard and he had lit the jug on fire and threw it on the lawn by the fence. Luckily there was not much kerosene in it because if the jug was anywhere close to full it would have most likely exploded and we wouldn't have been able to put it out as the grass has been EXTREMELY dry lately (there's actually a fire ban currently).

A decent section of the lawn was on fire and his drunk ass didnt even get the jug close to the fence so he just lit his own lawn on fire pretty much. He's out there yellin 'not sayin shit now huh!? comon daaaaaave! come on out!' and my friends mom is flipping absolute shit turning all the lights off in the house and yelling shit (she's very drunk hahaha). My friend gets the hose and sprays the fire out and we all go inside.

My female friend is talking to my friend's mom calming her down and me and my buddy kept his stepdad distracted by getting him talking about war stories. Eventually after hearing many minutes of in depth vietnam stories and of my friend's mom freaking out from the stairway (she wanted to talk to jim but he just kept telling war stories, she was sitting on the stairs).

Eventually we escaped and immediately smoked some more weed hahaha his parents retreated to their bedroom eventually. Went downstairs to see how much liquor was left and i couldn't find it. Well, I discovered the empties in the recycling bin in the garage so within that 20 - 30 minutes that we went upstairs to blaze, they finished the rest of the alcohol which ended up in jim lighting the lawn on fire.

8. [​IMG]

9. False, please go graduate High School or something. I thought it was funny, along with my friend, and along with the guy that liked my post obviously. So like I said, please go obtain a better education than you have, and when you do, please come back and try to insult me then. Thanks!

10. you're only supposed to do this if the thread is stupid as fuck, this thread is pretty funny

11. Well your statement would only work if the picture said "This room is full of the people who think you are funny". Besides that you and your friend are either 1. Twelve or 2. Baked out of your mind. If the first is true then you should probably close the GC tab because your mom is coming. If the second is true then just smoke another bowl and giggle at a cat video.

12. Does it make sense that a 12 year old, would tell somebody to graduate high school or obtain a better education,when a 12 year old him/her self would be in about sixth grade?

13. War stories from old timers are the best. The shit my papa Joe told me about Korea changed my life.

14. If you've ever talked to a twelve year old on the internet you would realize that yes it completely does.

15. Haha, I wish I coulda witnessed this!

16. He's gotcha there.
    It was a bad joke, moving on.

17. I can guarantee that is not benefitting you.

18. well i guarentee it is

19. Oh yeah, they're fucking great, he's always got the greatest stories. He's been through a LOT of shit in his life

How can you guarantee that lmao. You don't know me, or my friend or his parents. How can you possibly judge that when the only thing you've heard is a not particularly responsible story of a drunken night.

I can see how it could have negative effects on irresponsible people who can't handle themselves, but my parents were like the polar opposite of his parents so the contrast was nice and we all managed ourselves fine. we were responsibly irresponsible.

If she hadn't let us get away with stuff, we still would have done the shit we did we would just have been in more danger of getting caught and fucked over.

Now please don't judge because I can almost guarentee you had someone buy you alcohol when you were an underage teenager.

20. My friend and I almost lit a field of soy bean on fire with a few aerial bombs a few Fourth of Julys ago. The difference between my story and op's story is the fact my friend and I aren't white trash.