Friend

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Misc, Oct 15, 2011.

1. So I have this buddy that I've known since freshman year in college. (I'm a senior) He likes to smoke, but was recently diagnosed as a schizophrenic. And he has a very domineering personality, to the point where he's a bit moochy sometimes. I hung out with him three days this week, smoking him up in exchange for some beer and cigarettes. He ended up getting a couple free bowls and 3 free beers out of it. On Thursday he decides to buy 2g's for us to smoke; he wanted me to pay for a gram of it.

I like this kid, but he's no fun to smoke with and in the end I feel like I'm getting screwed. He tries to bogart my connections. I told him I'd give him $20 for that gram, but my smarter half tells me that I don't owe him shit. We were smoking at my place, with my bowl, and I fed him on top of the other stuff.

I said I'd pay him back when we bought it. (off my dealer) So now I'm debating whether to give him the $20 (doing what I'd said I'd do) or say fuck him and don't give him anything. Either way I'm never going to smoke with him again. I make my own money and he's become a huge fucking annoyance.

See the poll.

2. I'd just give it to him and be done with him. If you don't, it'll just give him a reason to come back and annoy you some more.

3. I say don't give him shit.

If he wants to smoke you out, then it should be free.

Plus ur feeding him -_______-

4. #4 I RoLL Fatties, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
    Don't give him $20. Fuck that mooch... :rolleyes:

5. Nah dude

fuck moochers...

6. You smoked him out dude, then it's his turn

7. Just give him 20 dollars and never hang out with him ever again. spoil him like you're a mother spoiling her spoiled child, keep boosting that ego of his and then when he goes out into society it'll all hit him in the ass one day. That's just how i thought when similar shit happened to me. "It's not my job to be this immature kid's parent I'm just gonna feed him this one time since it's not a big deal and never worry about him again...eventually society will kick him in the ass."

8. Also it'll make it seem like "Being chill is more important to this kid than the money is." He'll realize you stopped hanging out with him not because of the money but because he was being stingy with his shit. And if not he's just stubborn. Idk maybe I over-think these things but I feel like you gotta send a message and not just straight up tell this kid what's right and wrong. Learn for himself.

9. Alright so he dropped by and I gave him the $20. I talked to him about this and he offered to buy a gram for a blunt, then after that we're done. I hope I made the right choice; I hate being an asshole.

10. #10 GaiaGuy, Oct 15, 2011
    If you are never going to smoke with him, than make the break clean and neat with no loose ends that can potentially fester.

If you said you'd pay him back, pay him back.

Normally, I’d consider ^ ‘nuff said, but there is more…

With his schizophrenia, if he keeps using psychoactive drugs like alcohol and nicotine and marijuana, he isn't going to be getting 'better.' The last thing you need is this guy showing up at your house next year, screaming about you owning him $20 (because he needs money and he figures 3AM is a good time to collect).

I am not trying to disrespect people suffering from mental illness, or suggest they all behave the same. My words are based on personal experience after dealing with a schizophrenic individual. (It was not about money, but it boils down to the same thing.)

11. Keep your word bro.

12. Good on you.

I have always thought that the one thing no one can take from you, except yourself, is your word. It should be worth something. :smoke:

13. Don't give him it. But you shouldn't of told him that you would pay him back. Now hes just going to be more annoying

14. #14 t-fizz, Oct 15, 2011
    Ive found it easiest to handle these situations very bluntly. It solves your problem 100%, But I always feel like a dick. But its well worth it, You'll never have to worry about em again.

Edit: Just read the above posts, Yepp being an asshole is honestly the best way.

Never again will he bother thou.

15. Dont tell people your gunna do shit then never do it. I hate that. If you dont want to smoke with him anymore dont after.

16. It's only $20...

17. Don't go back on your word, that's fucked up. If you said you'd pay for it then pay for it. If you don't want to pay for it, don't tell him you'll pay for it. It's that simple.

18. Since you already told him you'd give him $20 you probably should but after this just do what ever you were going to do in order him out of your life. But if you never told him you would I would have said fuck him.

19. Give him the $20 since you said you would, then tell him that it's some straight-up bullshit what he's doing.

20. He has enough problems. Just hang out with him less and blame it on school work.

Do not need leeches.