Friend?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Ragnar is Kill, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Okay, So I have this "friend" who lately has been acting fucking weird around me and usually doesnt even talk to me(As of now). This kid has had a pretty hard life but it seems he only seems to be my "friend" every time he wants to get blitzed as fuck. (Which is always)

Now I like a small toke here and there, but I dont like spending 40$ or more a day just so this kid can smoke 9 bowls. I dont like doing that, that seems like a waste of money every time. I know that sharing is caring... dont be mean pass the green.. but if I can see that this kid blatantly wants weed like its air, he should consider stopping. He rarely buys any because he never works for his job, and then he gets mad as fuck when I tell him I have none. (Goes from being all happy before knowing I dont have any to.. getting quiet again)

Today though.. this kid had me pick him up from his house last night (He lives probably 20-35 minutes out of my way just so he could come "chill" with me. :/ Glad I had no green. So I tell this kid we gotta go then he starts getting up and talking about partying and how we should go to this guys house and what not.. and bitches.. and beer.. No doubt I like to party but I would rather be able to help out my sister since she just had her kid and its nice to help. We ended up staying there until 1:00.. WAY!! later than I told him I was gonna be there, but where did my friend go? I had no clue until I found him and told him he either comes with me or I'm just gonna leave his ass there. He obliged and came with me, and we proceeded home.

This is where shit really got to me today..

7 am.. Sister slams open the door and starts screaming at me because since I was out late, I fell asleep when I was suppose to be taking care of her child. She said he was screaming but I didnt hear him once.. All because I was fucking tired because this kid kept me looking at this fucking party for a good hour for him.

Rags

2. Gonna get all "adult" on you here...

Your friend sounds like someone who has grown accustomed to you hand-holding (for lack of a better word) when it comes to weed...by what you've said it's happened multiple times and this is the expected way for things to play out.
    This is why I always say, be up front about ground rules and if you're unhappy with how shit plays out once, if it's happening again, that's the time to act on it...
    Yeah for sure sharing is caring - but caring is also sharing funds, to occasionally buy weed, or at least bring something to the mix that's of some value...food, whatever.

As for your sister, well...she is a mother, and you are not a father.
    If she's got it hard and really NEEDS you to step in, it's on account of either a bad decision of partner or having a child at an inappropriate time in her life...both things she ought to bite the bullet on, get off her ass, and look after her own child.
    Helping out here and there is one thing, "you have to be home at X time to look after MY child" is not really on.
    Unless of course there's an obvious exception to the rule, like...she pays all the rent/food in lieu of your babysitting (or whatever) services.
    If not, your life is your life as her life is hers - you can both handle your shit.
    That said - if you were aware you had something to do and that staying late would impede that, you probably should have taken the initiative to solve the issue before 1am yourself...

3. tell your sister to back off a little. and why are you even hanging out with that guy still?

4. man the fuck up.

5. Fuck it, man! I had a friend like that. I don't know why I stayed friends with her for so long. She would use me all the time. She didn't have a car, so I'd pick her up from work all the time. And I'd always drive her to her dealers house.

I finally just got fed up and told her to fuck off. She called me like 15 times while I drove to LA with some friends and I just ignored them. Then she shoes up at my house, announced asking for some book, I have no idea what she's talking about.

But anyway, I wish I hadn't wasted so much time with her.
    Trust me, man. It's not worth it to have "friends" like that.

6. why are you blaming this kid?

he didnt force you to go to that party. he didnt force you to stay at that party all night. if you knew you had an obligation to help your sister out, you should have told him, well before 1, that you guys needed to go

he sounds like a pretty bad friend, but he is definitely not at fault for you not fulfilling your obligations. take responsibility.

7. it really all depends what age u are to. he probablys just wants to get high a lot, thats all he wants to do if thats not all you want to do then stop answering his calls

8. Well atleast your friend would buy some. But I know how you feel about the work thing. I have to drive atleast 40 miles back and forth between home and school and it starts really adding on when you have to drive them to work and places they "have" to go to. I've told him to walk to work a couple of times before though, or ride his bike. Dude can use some exercise(Jk).

9. If he is staying at my house and I cant find him its kinda a big deal. He was trying to get me to stay there even later before that and I told him we had to go at 12. I told him even before we got there we couldnt stay to long.

10. there's real friends and then there's fiends..;)

11. Why did you walk around for an hour just looking for him? if you had to leave and couldnt find him, give him a call, say u had to leave and he wasnt around, and then go home. Fuck wasting your time to be with him if you dont even like him as a friend. wtf you doing brah

and if he smokes all your weed and never gets you back and never drops, wtf you keep giving him bud for? theres sharing, and then theres mooching.