friend or foe?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by amnesiac, Apr 1, 2008.

1. i havent seen any new bites on my plant. but i have seen a few insects. i was gonna murk these suckas. here in chicaca we get a ton of these guys. it does not surprise me to see them. it would surprise me a lot more to find a lady bug. but it does surprise me to not see any new bug bites. i thought id ask. they do look kinda yellow.

2. ill post a better pic when im done with donkey kong

3. Those are fine, we have them where I am at too. They're "Asian Beetles," originally brought in to control a native species of bug.

However, their populations quickly grew due to the fact that they have no natural predators where I reside.

They WILL NOT hurt your plants. In all honesty, they would probably EAT other (non-beneficial) insects such as aphids, spider mites, etc.

But, i'm NOT 100% sure on that,

4. lady bugs are known to munch on spider mites allowing you to control pest problems without any chems.

5. Coccinellids as household pests

Although native species of coccinellids are typically considered benign, in North America the Asian lady beetle (Harmonia axyridis), introduced in the twentieth century to control aphids on agricultural crops, has become a serious household pest in some regions owing to its habit of overwintering in structures.

6. i guess a lady bug is a lady bug