Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Friend might be buying vaped weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jo3l37, Jan 23, 2012.

1. I don't consider myself an apprentice toker, but I figured this was the best spot for this sort of thread.

I've only used a vaporizer a handful of occasions, and never bothered to examine the bud afterwards, because it wasn't my nug or vape.

My boy has been telling me about this new connect he has that he's been buying from for a few weeks. It's standard dank prices here, the same price I pay my guy. I've told him numerous times I'd be happy to get him bud from my dude, but he insists his source is good.

I was driving around with him the other night, and he picked up an 8th from his guy. Looking at the buds, I noticed two very strange things.

1. The weed appeared to be dank, it had many orange hairs and was fluffy and the shade of green my nug usually is. BUT, it was lacking trichomes. I couldn't visibly see any crystals on it.
    2. The smell. It smelled like it could have had some dank skunky smell once, but was more earthy smelling.

My friend said it smelled like that because it was homegrown. I've bought from growers before, and it always smelled skunky, never like this herb.

So, my question is, do the traits of this weed match up with already vaped nug? I did get high from smoking it, but not as strong of a high as my usual source. I just don't want my boy to be getting ripped off like that, as he just started smoking recently.

2. Sounds like it's either:

1. Not dank
    2. Not cured correctly
    3. Shaken for trichs

3. It doesn't sound like vaped weed. Vaped weed would be brown from the heat of the vape, though not black like burnt weed.

He's probably just getting some less-than-perfect dank.

4. this. my moneys on 3

5. Ya, all weeds got a unique smell so that's not the best comparison. His dealer is probably handling the bud too much with his hands or more likely freezing the bud to make the triches easier to break off. Tell your friend to get a new hook. No one needs to smoke overpriced weak herb

6. You would know it was vaped. It would be brown and smell weird like peanuts. Sounds like it was shaken for thc/keif.

7. Like everyone else has already said: If it smells earthy it was probably not cured correctly...stick it in a mason jar for a while and burp it and it could get a lot better. It might have been run through a kief box also, which sucks, but some people do it.

I wouldn't continue buying from them...

8. Thanks everyone! I figured it wasn't, but since I didn't know much about vaped weed I didn't rule out the option. I told him definitely not to continue buying from that guy, cause there are many more available sources of good dank here.

Once again, thanks!

9. Definitely shaken for trichs, vaped weed doesn't have a good green color to it. You would notice a slight tint of brown throughout, unless they barely vaped it.

10. [quote name='"Just A Thought"']
    Sounds like it's either:

1. Not dank
    2. Not cured correctly
    3. Shaken for trichs[/quote]

This. Probably all 3 lol.