Friend is dying soon, need advice FAST

Discussion in 'General' started by LovingTree, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Fuck me, I'm so sorry for both you and your friend. Death is one fucked up and scary concept and to know it's breathing down your neck at such a young age... Damn.

I'm glad the two of you decided to do it.

2. aw man tell him i said peace and im sorry for this current situation hes in. sad man but on the same token, i wanna know whats on the otherside..he gets to find out before me :mad: smoke him up as often as you can!!

3. Hell no get a stone pipe so it doesnt break. you guys could even carve it out after your super baked having a good time. Id definately be smoking it up with him specially if hes a stoner already.

4. What a shitty situation to be in man. I'd smoke him up.

5. #45 Slayem, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2010
    Well i feel i can help with this as i also have a terminal illness( i have muscular dystrophy), and ever since i have started doing weed everything has been better, it really makes coping with the idea that you will die relatively soon much easiaer, and if hes worried about the smoke than do what i do, either a vaporizer, or baked goods, both work quite well.

Edit: oh and another thing, doctors are not always a great judge on life expectancies, People with muscular dystrophy supposedly shouldnt live past late 20s, however i know a few guys with it in their 40s, so try not to focus on the exact time they set, also mention this reply to him, and if he is having a hard time dealing, feel free to have him pm me on this site, i am sure i could help.

6. god damn....that'd be the deepest, most .....idk indescribable smoke sesh ever....

do it man, i would...

7. Go for it and make it like a ritual to remember him by. I'd go with buying a new piece to keep in his honor after he passes.

I'm so sorry OP, that's just a horrible thing to go through. :(

8. First of all, I'm sincerely sorry about the situation.

But a recommendation if you do end up getting some kind of keepsake bowl, or any piece, you should spend money to maybe get one custom blown, with maybe initials? or something that would represent the friendship you guys had.

9. duuude i can just imagine how sad that would be...u guys should go get a bowl together and keep it for the rest of your life to remember him..dont ever smoke out of it with anyone else though. even after hes gone(which the doctors cant exactly tell you when...) im sure he will be there getting high with you...dont forget to pass it to him!...maybe name the weed your growing after him...get lots of memories man...you still got your whole life ahead of you and u will remember all those good times with him! this is tragic it even makes me sad really...

10. let him be free man, no restraints, if he wants to smoke, find him smoke, you'll be glad you did. You can ALWAYS buy more weed, but opportunities like this, where you can cherish his remaining life with him, often come few and far between.

11. This would be the most awesome movie ever.

12. vape that bud
    it might b healthier for him
    good luck to you and your friend sorry about that

13. sorry for your friend :( like the other guy said, buy a pipe/bowl and just smoke it with him, not with anyone else so you'll have the memories of him.

14. Smoke a SHITLOAD of weed with him. Who knows, it could possibly make him live longer. There's no expiration date stamped on his forehead. Who's to tell him he only has 5 months to live?

15. rep homie. just smoke with him. 5 months is not very long, you should cherish those memories ASAP!

16. i actually just lost a good friend of mine in a motorcycle accident...he was only 17. but i just wish i could have been with him every day and every second until the accident. i wish i could have one last smoke sesh. let him know you LOVE him

17. #57 CA MMJ, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    No need for acrylic. Get a nice, respectable glass piece. Buy a special box or carrying case to keep it in. If(and I say if because I really hope your friend doesn't pass away) he ends up dying, you could keep the pipe in the special container, and only use it on special occasions (I.E. on 4/20, to remember him). Really sorry about your loss though man, and tell your friend all of us here on GC feel for the poor fella, even if we may not know him.

Another thought, you could go the How High way and cremate your friend, then blend some of his ashes with a good soil mixture, pop a nice bean in there, and grow a plant named after your friend (if that doesn't creep you out).

18. dude i just thought of what that'd be like and it kinda made my face hot and eyes glassy. Sorry man...sending good vibes :(

19. make edibles imo but if i was him id be like... fuck it i got 5 months roll a Jay lol

20. My best friend died of terminal cancer. I actually introduced him to weed a year before he died.

It helped him immensely, he hated a lot of meds he took and week gave him the appetite that he never had without it...it helped him eat and sleep when he couldn't.

He turned into a major stoner...he had known he had terminal cancer from 9th-12th grade (he was a senior when he started).

We had some great times together, he just wanted to live like a normal kid, we used to chill just like everyone else would...then things got worse as they innevitably were going to and I got a call one day saying he was in hospice :(

I visited him once, then several people who weren't as close to him as I was asked me to go with him, so I went three more times. That sucked so bad....it is incredibly hard to watch your best friend lying there, pretty much dead but with just enough life in him to look at you and try to respond to what you're saying to him.... It makes me incredibly sad just thinking about it.

I think weed can be a great thing for cancer patients...But I will warn you to prepare yourself now for what your friend is going to go through, it is extremely hard to see...