Freshen Bong with Pine-Sol?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by RipIt1, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Hey guys, kinda new to the forums. I've been reading around that some people after they clean their bong use Lemon Scented Windex or another cleaning solution to get rid of the stale smell after cleaning. I was wonderin' if Pine-Sol would work just the same of getting rid of the smell while not harming me or my bong :D

Keep on Tokin' :smoke:

2. I suggest you do not try that. just shake some listerine around in your bong and it will freshen it up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. i usually just clean my entire bong from start to finish with lemon scented simple green. its bio degradable, non-toxic, and smells really good. you can also add salt to add some kind of abrasion element to it. works quite well.

IMO its the best way to clean a pipe.

4. #4 Hudini, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
    I would not suggest pine-sol. Warm water with salt, as an abrasive, followed by a small amount of listerine (afterwards) is usually the prescribed process most follow.

edit: alcohol/warm water/salt

5. Grunge off works the best. You can ask anyone on this site with a huge collection of glass.

Then clean it with some dish soap to get rid of any smell.

link for GO.

6. yeah u shouldn't try that.
    just shake around some alcohol + salt
    and u should be good

• Like Like x 1
  7. i used to use, like cleaning products on my pipe, and then i rinsed with fresh water alot just to be safe, im still alive.

• Like Like x 1
  8. say you dont get all the resin out, what if chemicals get stuck in the resin? fuuucccckkkkk that!

9. That doesn't mean its healthy for you / couldn't have done harm to you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. why do people smoke out of dirty pipes?
    i wouldnt use cleaning chemicals like that. this is how i clean my pips after observing 3 diffrent people who clean their peice.
    i let my pipes soak in water over night to loosing up the hard stuff, i do it in my bathroom sink. shake it under the water to get all the loose stuff off. then i shake it in a zip lock bag 1/4 filled with alcohol and some salt to grind off the stuff off sort of like liquid sand paper. shake it for maybe 5 mins. after that i put some dish soap inside and rub the out side of the pipe with some soap. next sit it facing up under some water. i do mine in the bath tub. i sit it up so when i turn the water on, the waters goes inside the pipe and rinces out the soap. i do it in a glass because i can rest the pipe on the insides of the glass and the glass is heavy enough to support the pipe in the water. i do this for maybe 10 mins or so what ever it takes, i make sure there are no bubbles inside indicating there is still soap left. i dont wana smoke sum soap now, lol.
    run it over sum supa super hot water so it drys fast. stand it up on the bottom you smoke out of, this way any extra water runs out. and let it dry for a few mins and thats it. in 15 mins i have a nice clean pipe to smoke out of and damm i think weed taist so so much beter out of a clean pipe instead of a dirty one.

11. lol i used like old toothbrushes dude, the thing was spotless after i got done with it..

12. yeah or buy some pipe cleaners they work great

13. Rip dead post but how you remove pine sol from bong ?? Smell is so toxic stinky

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Did you already add it to your bong? I wouldn't ever normally recommend boiling a piece especially if it's not strong glass (if it's thin probably not a good idea) but that might work. Then an iso wash and rinse with water.

15. I didn’t boil anything, will iso remove the taste ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I can't speak from experience but maybe. If you can taste it I can only imagine there's some kind of residue or particles left over in there so I really wouldn't use it until it's totally removed. But I do think boiling could help and may actually more so, just like I said it could be risky. But with a solid piece I think it probably would be fine.

17. just say no. to pine-sol