Fresh Frozen Trim -- What to do with?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Bouldorado, Jun 29, 2012.

1. #1 Bouldorado, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    So I recently acquired a decent amount of fresh, frozen trim. Not too sure what to do with it. I know I could make bho with the soak method, but it is not at all cost effective (would take well over $100 worth of butane). Basically I need a way to process the trim down. My friend has a bubble bag set, but I see that as a last resort, as bubble is a PITA to make. Got a few a questions some of you can prob answer.

Can the frozen trim be dried? If so, about how long would it take? CO weather is 90+ and like 20% avg humidity. Will drying it have any effect on taste/potency?

Can I make dry ice hash with the frozen trim?

Might also be interested in trying to make ice wax(no bags). Is there a guide that doesn't require some kind of hash machine?

2. I would just make the bubble hash. It's supposed to works best if you let it halfway dry. I don't like working with fresh material. Dry or partially dry give me great results the.

FYI, if you do make dry ice hash, dry it first. Fresh and fresh frozen just gum up in the bags.

3. i do pretty well using the gumby method. no bags to clean up, or mopping of the floor, lol. i agree, bubble bags are a pain! i've been thinking of getting a tumbler on e-bay. i've compared his to o'kief's tumblers, and they're as good or better! (i talked to the e-bay guy, and he says use dry trim.)

4. alright so I ended up using the bubble bags on most of it. yield was a little disappointing; prob got about 7g total (including 2g sifted with dry ice) from ~lb of trim. overall it was pretty high quality though, so I'm happy with it.

5. I tried the gumby method last time but was worried about draining off the last bit would suck up the kief so I just used a friends 25 micron bag to dump it all in..worked great not full melt but still fucks you up

6. Qwiso with 99%?

7. for the last bit of water i use a turkey baster. after that, i use a few folded paper towels. with the fan on them, a few hours later, it's ready.

8. [quote name='"GrowBot"']
    for the last bit of water i use a turkey baster. after that, i use a few folded paper towels. with the fan on them, a few hours later, it's ready.[/quote]

Yea i didnt have a turkey baster so didnt know what to do..So you just dump the sludgy water onto the paper towel? Doesn't that suck up some of the kief?

9. no, i fold the paper towel up, and gently put it in the water that's above the trichs, it absorbs it. you can go through a few towels this way, lol. it's something i added to the process....

10. [quote name='"GrowBot"']
    no, i fold the paper towel up, and gently put it in the water that's above the trichs, it absorbs it. you can go through a few towels this way, lol. it's something i added to the process....[/quote]

Ahh that makes more sense..I tried you use a cup but when it broke the surface it swirled the trichs all around..have to try that next time

11. definitely a possibility, but I don't really want deal with evaporating 3-4 pints or so of iso.

gumby method seems like my best bet, since I still have like 6-8oz. anyone care to share their method? a quick google search turned up a lot of variety

12. [quote name='"Bouldorado"']

definitely a possibility, but I don't really want deal with evaporating 3-4 pints or so of iso.

gumby method seems like my best bet, since I still have like 6-8oz. anyone care to share their method? a quick google search turned up a lot of variety[/quote]

Look up gumby method on YouTube and its like the first one

13. how bout crush it all up and throw in a crockpot with butter?