fresh aloe in foliar sprays

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by califlower, Dec 23, 2015.

1. I've been using the 200x aloe powder in my IPM sprays at about 1/4 tsp per gallon and I'm almost out of my powder stash. Instead of buying more powder I was thinking of just using some of my fresh aloe for a bit. How much of the fresh aloe would I use to equate to 1/4 tsp of the 200x?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. #2 pomansouth01, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2015
    I would imagine you need to weigh the aloe powder out on a scale....multiply the number by 200 and match that weight with a piece of aloe

so .3g x 200 = 60g worth of aloe leaf....mix that to a gallon for comparable results

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. its 1/4 cup fresh per gallon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. You can't really use too much. I just guestimates 1/4 cup or slightly more. I like using my aloe plant. 1 less thing to run out of and spend $$ on.

• Agree Agree x 1

5. perfect thank you

ok I'll start with 1/4 and see if I need more. and ya I don't know why I didnt think of it in the first place. guess i just like giving my money away [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. My aloe grows too slow to get that much regularly....maybe this coming summer I can concentrate on getting more of them....how many do you all have??

7. I did it too man looking at this plant everytime I ordered more. Kind of silly. Its still nice to keep some on hand. It is convenient. Look into taking pups or clones if you're current plant won't supply your needs.

Attached Files:

8. take pups/clones bro. You can have as many as you want. Put them anywhere, they hardly need anything. You just about can't kill them. That pic I showed in the last post is 2 plants I bought on sale with mush for roots and it supplies pups for more. I put it ouside in the summer and it grows fairly quick w/o doing a thing. When I bring them inside for winter I reduce them down alot. They get hardly any light or water inside so they grow slow all winter thankfully.

9. #9 howske, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
    is it ok to use as a soil drench ? i just cut a piece of fresh aloe leaf and squeezed the juice into 1.5 litres and watered with that .. ive used the 200x powder and it works great, I'm just a bit paranoid after watering.. don't want to do any harm.

10. absolutely

11. #11 GiMiK, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
    I like to filet the aloe leaves, kind of like how you do fish. I find it's convenient and keeps the plant matter from clogging the sprayer I use to water and apply foliage sprays.

I then use a utensil of some kind (spoon or knife usually) to get the gel out, and toss it in the blender with some water to help it mix.

After it's pureed decently I take that and dump it into my chapin and add water, shake well and apply as soil drench or foliage spray. Roughly 1/4 cup per gallon, though I don't usually get too detailed when measuring fresh inputs.

I honestly think the fresh is the best option, even over freeze dried, though keeping up with the weekly inputs required for a decent sized garden while living in a northern climate is tough unless you have lots of space inside or a heated greenhouse.

You can divide the pups into new plants fairly often; I only ever bought one aloe plant, but I had around 6 before I left my last location.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Its a nutrient accumulator. Has a whole ton of good shit. I have been foliar feeding this grow 2-3 times a week in veg and adding it to water for soil.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Here's a concise list of all the good stuff in aloe. I can't remember who posted in but I know it was on this forum.

Aloe_Vera_Compounds.PNG

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Aloe vera is nutrient accumulating plant containing the full range of elements along with enzymes, hormones, rooting compounds & salicylic acid contributing to a plants natural pest resistancy or Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR).
    The Great Aloe Book.PDF

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  15. I don't even know why i bought powder, i have 3 monsters that multiply every time i chop a fillet! I been alternating between aloe powder, soap nut and fresh leaf every week. I try to remember to consume some for myself too, its extremely healthy for you about 1/4 cup inner-fillet with morning juice will kick ass, especially if you have skin disorders but for plants i just chop and blend the whole thing, inner/outer leaf and all :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. I have two empty pots sitting in with my other notill girls, maybe I could plant aloe in them so the soil is getting some use? or could that introduce pests or some other issue?

• Like Like x 2
  17. I have 3 aloes(youngest) in with my early veg plants and 6 more aloes throughout the house. When they are healthy and mature they give off pups like crazy. Very very low maintenance plants. Worth it to have them around they are amazing for certain situations, and your body.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Also great air cleaning plants, according to NASA.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I use it for clones straight out of the leaf as a rooting gel too works very well.

• Like Like x 4