Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

freinds house was searched

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Im a Pothead, Aug 28, 2012.

1. well my freinds house got searched while i was there with him, i didnt have anything on me at all but they kept me there until they found his stash and all of his pieces. he got charged with intent to sell and like 5 paraphernalia tickets and also possession. they then let me go but they have my name and address on a police report. im just worried that they are going to search my house like they did to him, do you think that they would try?

thank you

2. I doubt it, but if they do know your rights.

3. yes i know them. i am just worried, i really don't want to deal with police at my door.

4. I doubt they're going to do anything, but if you're really that worried, get rid of your shit. I personally wouldn't but if you're getting stressed over it, just ask a few friends to mind your pieces and shit for a while.

5. Dude i dont know what it is about where i live but cops do t give a fuck about paraphenalia in your house for whatever reason they have to come in. My buddys will have all sorts of stuff laying around and if anything they pretty much confiscate it to trash it and thats it.

But anyways looks like u need to find a new crowd of leople to hang out with buddy

6. Did they have a warrant or was he an idiot and let them in?

7. his dad let them in. my freind knows you can say no, his dad didn't i guess.

8. Damn stupid parents. Why did they want to search anyway?

9. Policio dealio failio

Should not have let them in.

10. someone accused him of dealing

11. [quote name='"Im a Pothead"']

someone accused him of dealing[/quote]

Find out who that "someone" is, and make sure he knows you know. Make sure he knows everyone knows. The idea of having a target on your back is way scarier and more stressful than actually getting your ass kicked.

Or, rather, imply that EVERYONE knows.

Still, fuck the Oshkosh police.

12. I would clean house, but then again I have a lot to lose if I was searched.....so take no chances. The less people that know you use, deal, grow...whatever....the better. Hide your shit well in case they come knockin. I would wait a couple of months for the heat to blow over. If you don't get any visits in a couple of months, then you should be okay.

13. I wouldn't say MONTHS.

He should still hide his shit for a while just to make sure.

14. The police can't just come in your house.. A warrant is required which takes time and they would need a sufficient reason to get one. Now if you open the door and let them in that's a different story..

15. Guess it all depends on what the police have on the OP (prior record, evidence, RICO card....), and how much the OP has to lose if he doesn't. If I was at a friends house and it was searched and the cops took my info, I certainly wouldn't have a lax stance about it. He's lucky to have not picked up a charge himself....

16. On the off-chance that they come round, don't let them through the door without a warrant. That said, the chances are incredibly low, all they have on you is that you were present during a search of someone else's house which isn't illegal.

17. doubt it, they need a good reason and a warrent for that. You being at your friends house isnt probably cause that your in possession imo. Also you dont have to give them your information beyond your name.

18. #18 derpyhooves, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
    Your friend's dad is an idiot. No warrant = no entry.
    With that said, just to be safe, I would ask a friend to hold onto your stash and pieces. Be sure you read up on your rights as well and your friends know not to consent to a search.

Police, with the exception of responding to a life threatening emergency, cannot search your house or even ENTER your house without your consent or a search warrant.

If they do come, greet them outside politely and close the door behind you. Conduct the encounter completely outside. If they ask to enter your house "Without a warrant, I can't let you in. Sorry." No matter what, always refuse verbally entry without a warrant. They are allowed to pressure you and lie. If they had the evidence to establish probable cause, they would have had a warrant when they knocked.

If they continue on, ask them "is this a consensual encounter or am I being detained?" If it is consensual, you may tell them to leave and that you do not wish to continue the encounter. If they do not answer the question, continue to ask "am I free to go?" until they respond. Usually if they have enough evidence to detain you at your own house, they will tell you straight. If they don't, they'll give you some run around about how they just want to talk to you.
    Here's a great video on police encounters at your home
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ckcdtQ95w]How to Deal with Police at Your Door - YouTube[/ame]

19. Actually, it's advised that you don't open the door at all.

If you need to talk to them, get their dispatcher to call your home, or yell through the glass.

20. #20 derpyhooves, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
    You can do that, yes. However it seems sketchy as all get out. You'll probably have a lot more "patrols" by your house.
    The same thing can be accomplished by meetings the cops outside, closing the door behind you (I even take my keys and lock the door) and ascertaining your constitutional rights. Nothing can happen so long as you have nothing illegal on your persons. Much less likely they're going to continue to waste time on you.