Freezing Weed To Collect Crystals

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by GiveMeDopeJoanna., May 25, 2014.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401002680.204809.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. First time using GC so bare with me, so here's what I was thinking about trying , I have a little over a q (8.9g) and wanted to find out if there were any ways of separating the many triches from bud also how much would I need to use, (heard for every g you get like .1 of trim.

This came to mind when I read up about bubble hash having not made any myself and have smoked it various times and it was hands down the best shit I ever toked upon, I smoke a lot of weed but don't grow or anything, I live in a flat but am eager to make my own. Even just a bowls worth.

But back to business, I read that the freezing cold makes the triches brittle and is how it is collected using a bubble bag through numerous filters, would maybe wetting it and leaving it in the freezer for a day and maybe shake it around in a box or something. I'm not confident this was a smart idea but maryjo got me curious.. Would it not work since it's not being mixed and in water causing the thc to fall off I don't have a bubble bag or a sive/mesh frame so I'm trying to make do with what I have.

Would what I said work or if not is there any other ways I can make a little bubble hash w bud? I understand it's wasteful but, the heart wants what the heart wants ;)

Pic related, some of bud I'm planning on using, it's shit hot coated in crystals with a potent sour smell, a friend grew it and he says it's all he mainly uses when he sets up a grow, can kinda see why..

If I've broken a rule in posting or something let me know I'm new to forums in general, cheers :)

3. * 0.1 hash

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401004824.705107.jpg

Better one of the Mota

5. The water wont hurt the thc since it can't absorb it.  No need to wet the weed then freeze it imo, it sound like that would just make your process a hassle.  Not having bubble bags may be an issue, though any screen(within reason) could be used to harvest trichs.

You may want to look into QWISO(quick wash ISO)  Extremely easy to do and you get some awesome melty hash.

6. Is there any way I could do it using the bud and a grinder screen maybe?I have a plastic grinder I use to take out w me 3 chamber w screen if I froze weed and put it in the screen chamber and shook it around do you think I'd get anything? What is the best temp for freezing to make them brittle? I'm eager to try but I won't if it's definitely not worth it, baring in mind I have almost 9g of high grade.

Is that the ISO butane and evaporate method to make honeycomb or a similar method? Didn't like the idea of using butane and was kind of put off by it, haven't properly looked into it tho, think I will

7. Not sure if that grinder method would work, just sounds difficult, but I am somewhat lazy so if its all you got it may be worth it.  As for ISO its just alcohol, I use 99% but I believe the others would work(found near Band-Aid section at local pharmacy's).  Just finely grind bud, throw in a clean mason jar.  Dump small amount of iso in, enough to submerge the ganja.  Put on lid and shake for 60-90 seconds(arguable) and strain onto plate(preferably pyrex).  Hot water bath is ideal but the alcohol with technically evaporate if given enough time. 

Check some other threads, I am sure there are some masters around here.  I usually only use this method for getting the thc out of my stash jars.

8. Yeah I'm lazy too, that's why I'm trying to see if my method would work to save going out and buying shit for it haha. + 99%? Why not 100% if that's not a a dumb question lol? ISO butane I heard can be somewhat dangerous, but it's the purest form of thc you can get, never had or saw other than images but looks/sounds amazing.

What would the best screen to use for it would you say, like what would I be looking to buy, if you don't mind answering my many pain in the ass questions before actually I go to check it out lol. It's be mighty appreciated ;)

9. 99% is the highest iso you can get I think, most of the 100% are nail polish remover I believe.  Depends where you buy it though, only have small pharmacies around here.  And for screen I recommend getting cheese cloth, (found at grocery store, near cleaning supplies)  just unfold it completely and use 2 layers.  I would cut it into small pieces as it tends to be huge.  Unbleached coffee filters, or even those reusable coffee filters would work just as well.

10. So cheese cloth oder coffee filters or both just as good? If I'm buying I'd rather I used the most ideal apparatus for quality hash, I found a thread using google it's actually pretty straightforward, and I read from the thread the guy used 91% incase because 91 is strong enough, that's just one guy tho, what d'you think? I'm definitely trying this. I have a grinder that grinds weed into powers, Blizzard Blitz it's called I recommend it as it grinds the bud through the screen and stem is left behind on the 1st chamber and the powder is on the 2nd. Relatively cheap too.

11. *powder *over

My iPhone screen is cracked, can't see what I'm typing properly

12. Just read up on it and you will be good.  I just use cheese clothe since that's what I have, also seems easier to work with then coffee filters imo.  91% would be fine, I always buy the 99% since its right beside the 91%.   Never actually used 91% before, most of my iso is for cleaning bongs, so I am not the best person to be answering these questions.

13. Alright man, thx for the suggestion and quickly answering my post, found it really helpful :D

14. Freezing the weed in your grinder and banging it a bit on a table or with your hand before and after grinding the weed helps the crystals fall off, both from the weed and the grinder since theres probably alot of thc stuck to the grinder as well if u use it a lot. I've made hash from the crystals but i dont think its the hash your're thinking about, i may be wrong but i think what you're trying to make might be what people call wax. 

The hard hash can be made by applying heat and pressure to the thc crystals, or just using a pollen press which you can buy at your headshop or online, just make sure if you do the heat and pressure method not to burn your crystals cause that sucks :) 

I would only do these things if you really want to make hash though, i used to freeze my buds but i stopped since really all you're doing is smoking less potent weed in exchange for more thc and i like to smoke the actual weed and taste it so i prefer leaving it as it is and i still get the crystals that fall off naturally from grinding it. To be fair though i havent tried the wax and i've heard some of it tastes pretty good if made with good stuff, either way at least how i see it thats more for if you want to get stoned in public or something since you only need one hit and it's even fairly odorless especially if vaped, or if you grow you use the non smokeable leaves and even stems of the plant and you can make the bubble hash with that as well, you need alot more but then again for a grower that doesnt matter since they would normally throw them away anyways, destroying good high grade bud is a waste to me lol 

15. why would u want the crystals to fall off? newb question  :bongin:  :confused:

16. if you can get some everclear, check your liquor store, I think its 190 proof. Lots of videos on you tube.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Grasscity Forum mobile app