Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Freezing fresh

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by JKill, Jul 18, 2019.

1. #1 JKill, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Is it Okay to freeze freshly harvested cannabis to make use of as an edible at a later point?

i've got alot of popcorn nugs that I just dont feel like manicuring, I was going to just toss them in the freezer and then use them to make some Canabutter in a couple weeks. will this be fine?

its not fresh off the plant, its been hanging for about a week, in a blacked out grow tent, intake fan/exhaust fan, 19-20 degrees C, and about 50% RH. its not wet but could for sure use more time hanging. Just curious if it would be okay to toss in the freezer at this point? dont want to waste anything if possible.

thanks in advance anybody!

2. sure freeze away understand the trics are even more fragile once frozen

handle with care!

cheers/

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks Vostok. appreciate it

Any other opinions on this matter?

is it okay to take fresh buds right off the plant and freeze them? i'm trying to imagine what that would be like thawing/drying out and all I can picture is green gooey plant material?

anyone have any ideas on this? i'm finding mixed opinions on the internet/other forums

thanks again everyone and happy Friday!!!

4. Freezing weed ..you are halfway to making ICE hash
    except here you ain't doing the part 2
    thats is sticking them in the washing machine
    google ice hash ...lol

even easier(lazier) is curing using the water cure
    simply drop your buds into a bucket of warm water 55-75 F
    change the water daily after 4 days hang like socks

you will note most the chloro-ful has soaked into the water
    but is 'tasteless' almost and smokeless

good luck

5. The teprenes are much more fragile but much more flavoring.

6. yeah I've heard of freezing it to make bubble hash. i'm not planning on doing that though.

is it possible just to thaw it out and use it to make CannaButter?

thanks guys!

@BrassNwood do you have any say on this?

7. I've not personally tried it but there is no reason it won't work. Experiment and see what works best for you.
    I've tried rushing from harvest to Kief with the Hashmaster and didn't like the results. I went back to the 30-60 day cure both for the quality of the shaken material and the difference in stone I feel you get with some cure time.

BNW