Freeze coming but no amber trichs :-(

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by aubriana, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Hello,

Well, tonight there's a freeze warning and I really wanted to wait to harvest when I had at least some amber trichs. Are these ready enough? And, should I wait till dark to cut them, or does it matter? It's 38 degrees and falling fast right now...

Attached Files:

2. Those are beauties, can you cover them? They look like they need some more time.

3. Thank you! I am pretty proud of 'em! I'm thinking I could cover them with clear plastic or maybe bring them inside and put them in the garage -they're in pots. If I do put them in the garage and don't get them back outside at dawn, will that affect anything?

Also, my 88 yr. old future father-in-law lives in a trailer about 60 yds from them. His vision is pretty bad and he hasn't noticed them so far--or hasn't said anything. They're fairly well camophlauged by tall weeds. I fear if I cover them, he'll notice them for sure, then. He goes to bed early, so he probably won't notice us going out to cover them, but he's a very early riser...

4. Oh shit, stick'em in the garage! You'll be fine. That's what I do, I already harvested one, but still have 4 more that need another week or two to finish up. I'm in CT and tomorrow night and then next night are gonna be iffy, just bring'em in, they'll be fine.

5. Thanks, that's what I think I'll do... just need to set my alarm--I'm a night owl and am rarely up before 11 a.m! lol

6. Just bring them in after dark, and put them back outside in morning. I doubt that even if you don't get them out until a little later that it'll have a lasting effect on them. They're very strong plants.