Freedom? Well that's just some people talking.

Discussion in 'General' started by DirtyPete, Apr 4, 2006.

1. You're right rasta_man...this forum is for people to post their opinions and beliefs...but for the sake of others, why post negative comments? does it help out their self-esteem? No, it doesn't. I can't tell you how many times ive seen someone post the most ridiculous thread that i couldve blown them up for but i just press the back button and search the other posts.

If you don't agree or think the same way as someone, by all means, post that shit. BUT dont give it a negative attitude...it was immature of me for that post, i know (thats why i explained) but i would not have done it if i hadnt seen some of the comments you have been making. In some situations just hold your tounge...does being negative to others allow you to feel better about yourself? I'm sorry i got so angry, i had a bad day today.

There's a little immaturity in all of us...now lets forget it. We share one common recreation: smoking marijuana. This drug is supposed to (and defintiely has) bonded me with many others that i usually would not have been part of.

2. I can definatley understand where you're coming from rollinfatty.

Maybe i should make that attempt to be less negative or to hold my tongue. After all;

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak to say something"
    - Plato

I may have just shot myself in the foot, but there is real validity in your post, rollinfatty.

But you can understand how it kind of feels like a personal attack?

3. This is why Grasscity is better than any other forum I've been to. When people have conflicts they talk it out and don't let stupid shit interfere with relationships (albeit forum relationships aren't extremely important) Most forums on the internet are just filled with flaming assholes shouting names at each other on the internet with petty namecalling and whatnot.

It's funny that some of the most mature people on the internet are a bunch of potheads. :smoking:

4. yes, definitely. My bad man. I've seen you around ever since i joined the city and you are one of the most knowledgable blades on the forums. Lets call it a truce and forgot about it. I understand that you never meant any harm and it was childish of me to call you out likek that.:hide:

5. looks like things have come full circle since this thread started,glad everyone worked everything out, arguments suck dick.

and dp i read parts of it(mainly the part about after hs) and it is true but what other choice do we have dude?

6. just responding so's i know to check it when i have the energy to read it

7. Break your chains, my brother.

I know what you mean all the way. But its up to YOU and only YOU to realise that theres something wrong with the way things are going, and fix it.

The human race is on what seems like a never ending race to well.. become better.

Look back into history. We laugh at some of the stuff we did. And I bet in 50 years from now, we'll look back on what we're doing today and laugh.

So what. All we can do is change. Take what you learned about yesterday, and apply it to today. Tomorrow will be a better day if you can do that.

Its all about continually advancing.

We do have a choice. Hold yourself to a higher standard. Dont let yourself be conditioned. Condition yourself according to what you believe deep down inside you. And believe me, knowing what you believe can be a damned hard thing.

One thing that I particularly like about marijuana is that it helps me to see things as they really are, and make constructive changes to my life to make it better. And its not just about ME ME ME either. Help change a friends life.

Basicly, without getting too far into my own personal philosophy (dont listen to a word I say, this is stuff you need to experience and learn from on your own), you need to be better then it all. Rise up and make a difference.

You seem to be much like myself. I'm getting ready to jump into college, and possibly the real world you spoke of. I keep thinking about why.

We as a species came away from nature, and started to build a society. It still has plenty of knots in it, but its each and every one of our duties to kinda 'untie' one of those knots before our time is up. I really think thats teh meaning of life. To leave this place better then when we came here. Its completely uncertain whether we will get to reap the benefits of our struggle, but why not try? And in the meantime, enjoy all the things we have to live for.