Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Freebies at the bottom of the bag?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by nps4474@yahoo.c, Jan 11, 2007.

1. I seem to remember a conversation I had with an old dealer of mine. He was a bit older then I was, and had hit his late teens right around 1969. Anyway, as everyone knows, this was sort of the start of mainstream social marijuana consuption in the U.S. Pot dealing blew up, everyone had sacks for sale, headshops crept into all the small suburban towns.

As a result, a bit of competition grew between the guys selling grass. As an added incentive, dealers started to include free packs of novelty rolling papers in the bags they sold, (American flags, aliens, tie-dye) in an attempt to steer customers their way.

This went on, back and forth, until some brilliant pot peddler decided to start throwing in a few random pills into the bottom of the bag instead of papers, sort of upping the anty. The crazy thing was, no one really knew what the F. these pills were. Uppers, downers, Black Beauties, Qualudes, all the names gen X'rs hear when their older compadres tell glory stories of the golden age of drug taking.

As a result people started getting really messed up and slowly the practice dissappeared altogether. I was sort of wondering if anyone had ever experienced this, or was the guy having some fun, feeding me a line of B.S.?

2. Too young to have experienced it first hand but old-heads I have known have told similar stories about receiving special suprises with herb.

3. I started in 1971....I do remember some dealers including papers in the deal, but I never saw any pills in there....a lot of dealers made the bags a little heavier for the money....a "lid", which was a bag filled three fingers thick, would go for $15.00, weight about 21 grams....sometimes, you would get an extra 2 or 3 grams in the bag, esp. if you were a repeat customer...

4. holy shit 15dollars for 3 quarters danm i wish i could go back in time

5. weed wasn't as good back then

6. true that

7. Q: Is marijuana more dangerous now, than when I was in school?

A: Many people believe that marijuana is stronger today than twenty or thirty years ago, when we were in school. To answer this question, Drs. Zimmer and Morgan, in their book, Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts: A Review of the Scientific Literature, looked at government seizures of marijuana from 1980 to 1995, and found little variation. The potency, or THC content has remained at roughly two to four percent.

Although variation in potency and price has been relatively consistent through the years, some users insist that higher quality marijuana is more accessible today. It is very expensive, however, and takes much less to feel the effects.

In the end, marijuana remains the same substance it has always been. It is not a qualitatively different drug than in the 1970, 1980s (or before that).

While no drug (including alcohol and the pharmaceuticals) is without dangers, marijuana today is no more dangerous than it was when you were in school.
    taken from this page
    http://www.safety1st.org/lets_talk_marijuana.html

this is also a good link to this topic,
    http://www.slate.com/?id=2074151

8. i do my best for my customers i try to smoke with all of them like once a week or so and when i cant i hook the bag u feel me