*Free* D.I.Y. Cloth Pot Idea

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Radioactive, Jan 13, 2018.

1. So I live with my girlfriend and her mom. She's Indian and we cook a lot of Indian food so we go through a lot of Basmati Rice that comes in these nice cloth bags.

Today I found one in the recycling and saw that it's pretty much made of what looks to be brown landscaping cloth. I love salvaging and recycling stuff so...

I cut the top off, filled it with some of my Coco mix and gave it a flush. Water drips out of all the sides and seams. It looks like it drains well, would it work as a cloth pot? It probably holds 7-8 litres of Coco once it's full.

[​IMG]

+=={=====> ☆ <=====}==+

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]

We'll see how these work.

+=={=====> ☆ <=====}==+

• Like Like x 2
  3. 20180117_003944.jpg Way ahead of you ;) haha! Supermarket fabric bag inside a mesh basket to keep shape, glad to see I'm not the only one who had the idea lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. One thing i will mention you might like to consider, light will penetrate them, not good for the roots! Just sitting it inside a bucket or even make a loose fitting cardboard sleeve for it to block the light, only applies to non black fabric :) or if it's really thin

5. I thought of that too. You can get huge cloth shopping bags for a couple bucks.

+=={=====> ☆ <=====}==+

6. I made a mistake with mine haha!
    I had it sat inside an old container from a previous grow that still has soil in it, it's rooted right through the bag into the soil below haha!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Yeah I've used them..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk