Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Free" cannabis at marijuana collectives

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by METARON, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Today, something amazing happened to a friend of mine. He goes inside a marijuana dispensary and receives free cannabis.
    The owner told him "we are a collective and receive no profit." The owner then told him in exchange for your service, whatever it may be, you receive cannabis as payment.
    All my friend has to do is do favors like going online and finding links to helpful studies about cannabis and how it helps and aids in recovery or treatment for certain diseases. He can also help deliver cannabis to patients in exchange for mj. He usually pays for his bud, but today was an exception.
    I think this is great and this how marijuana collectives should be. Man this is awesome!

2. your friend is one lucky bastard.:p

3. where was this at? Harborside does that where you use their computer for like an hour and you get a gram i think.

4. Tell me about it!

No, it was near downtown San diego.

5. damn good to hear that more clubs are doing this.

6. I'm fine with all that except when they starting giving out free weed to patients for going on line and posting positive reviews or shilling on websites. That's QUITE common and not cool. Was a huge problem over at WeedTRACKER.

I would like to do more for my collective in exchange for medication, but they're barely breaking even at this point.

7. oh, wildwill. that is what they want you to think. It has already been discovered that most clubs run for profit.

8. Man, that sucks. I didn't know some dispensaries do this.

Although my dispensary sometimes exchanges mj for services I do I, for the most part, pay full price for my medicine. I mean, they DO have shit to pay and keep stuff running. So it's understandable. Either way, I'm happy doing both.

9. Gotta love hippies.... nicest people you'll ever meet.