Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Freaked Out

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Bacon Man, Jun 7, 2014.

1. First time I used an apple pipe, didn't get too high, just funny and calm. Last night I made a water bottle bong. Me and my friend were smoking some mid shelf dank, but he didn't hit it right. He just filled the bong up, and thought he hit it, so naturally I inhaled the smoke for him.

That combined with my own hits probably was about 7 hits of dank. 10 min later I felt so dizzy and freaked out cause I didn't know this is what it was supposed to feel like. I started eating but I almost puked and just went to bed. I couldn't stop twitching my leg to the beat of the music and overall it was just too much for me.

Did I just smoke too much?

2. If it was only your 2nd time smoking yeah you might have just smoked too much, or you might have gotten a hit of melting plastic from the water bottle bong, or a hit of aluminum foil fumes. I never suggest smoking out of those, that's probably what caused it. I suggest that you either learn to roll joints or get a little $10 glass pipe.

3. Jesus man!  I've heard of this before, and it is not good, not good at all...If I recall correctly the young man that suffered the same symptoms after smoking marijuana turned into a feather and floated away.

And no one knows where he floated too.  I'd highly recommend investing in A Cloud immediately. :cool:

4. #4 Venitia, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
    Like puds said it honestly could be too much weed or any combination of the above. Mostly a combination.
    One of the reasons why it's a tipoff that you may have gotten some contaminated smoke is the nausea and feeling "so dizzy". Marijuana usually reduces nausea and I personally have never experienced (or know anyone to have experienced) excessive bouts of vertigo. My only experience that could be described as feeling dizzy is usually exclusively when laying down while being impossibly stoned. And that cannot be used as a control example as I have an inner ear issue that causes vertigo if I retain certain laying positions for too long.

The twitching aspect is more likely to be a side effect of the marijuana itself. I sometimes have involuntary twitches if I've smoked herb of a good quality/usually certain strains. It happened mostly (and very commonly) when I was still fairly new to smoking. 
    If these twitches continue after you've come down then it's not the marijuana and you should see a doctor.

I have the same advice as puds here. It's worth investing in a smoking device other than cans/foil/plastic bottles. 
    If you always get quality bud and you're a new smoker you may also want to take it a little slow the first couple of times to feel out how your body and mind reacts to the strain and smoking method.

I like to preach this as a general rule to any substance and not just marijuana: You can always dose up more if you don't feel high enough. It's not as easy to come back down if you've had too much.

5. #5 The Bacon Man, Jun 7, 2014

Very possible, thanks.

Twitches are gone, I agree I've heard of this happening to people before.

The dizzyness was odd. I was really wobbly trying to walk around, and I was VERY overwhelmed which contributed. My family has a history of low BP, maybe that was the issue?

6. #6 Venitia, Jun 7, 2014
    @[member="The Bacon Man"] Bingo my friend. That is pertinent information. Yes the dizziness was in that case likely a blood pressure issue.
    This makes it all the more important that you pay attention to how your body reacts when you smoke and gradually up your doses.
    If your family has a blood pressure cuff you may want to use it should you experience these symptoms again to verify whether or not it is the source.

Cool man thanks for the help! I'll try to get a glass piece soon too.

8. #8 Venitia, Jun 7, 2014
    No problem~
    Just keep an eye on everything/get a safer smoking device like you intend to and you should be just fine.

Happy toking.  :bongin:
    Edit: If you need a screen for your glass piece I hear glass screens are pretty superb when compared to standard metal screens.

9. water bottle bongs have worked fine whenever i have used them never had an effect like you said you had, but it was your second time smoking and it was out of a bong, even a shitty water bottle bong can get you more ripped than a glass bowl. just be careful next time you try and make a water bottle bong. and don't smoke as much if your a lightweight

10. Smoking on an empty stomach can also cause this, because of low blood sugar and low BP probably exasperated it.

11. @[member="UniqueGrass"] makes a very valid point also. 

Any substance on an empty stomach will just about guaranteed hit your system harder than it would if you'd eaten even a chunk of bread and a glass of water. Eating/not eating affects both your BP and your BS (differently in everyone of course)- so if you had an empty stomach as well during this event then it's likely that fueled the issue.
    Bananas and other fruits tend to be good snacks before smoking/other drugs. 

Yeah, def smoked too much

I can't remember if I was empty, but I probably was. I looked up the negative side effects of pot, and I experienced pretty much all of them last night... I'm gonna wait a day or two and give it another go.

13. Sounds like a plan. Good luck when you do xP

14. Mid shelf dank? 

I must be really out of the loop.

15. Yeah it sounds as though you over did it and greened out. Smoke a bit less next time and see how you feel.

16. Just to clarify, how does the high set in for you guys? I felt normal until 5 or 10 mins after my last hit, and I felt a little light headed. I sat down , but it got worse and within seconds I was completely high and just falling over

Does that sound like a BP issue? I also feel very, very slightly light headed today, and I know the pot can lower BP for 1-2 days after getting high.

17. #17 Venitia, Jun 7, 2014
    Well... the first couple of times is late/weak onset usually. It's like your body isn't sure what to do with it at first- at least that's my understanding of most people's experiences with it. Bongs can take a moment and then hit you all at once. Your reaction to it definitely sounds like you had a rapid drop in blood pressure. I suggest waiting to try again until you feel completely normal- and when you do 
    A. preferably with a pipe. B. if it is the bong again as has been said before- take it slow. Take one hit/maybe two to start. Wait a bit and see how you feel. Bongs usually provide exceptionally potent rips and you can get a noticeable/fairly enjoyable high off of one or two hits with a low tolerance... so if you took 7-10 good thick rips as your second time... when the first was an apple pipe?
    It's definitely possible you got too stoned/had a rapid BP drop.

ya...you got REALLY stoned...bad case of the munchies... :smoking:

in old school circles there is this legendary creeperweed...sneaks up on ya after feeling nothing for awhile, and kicks you in the back of the head like a mule...gawd we loved it...

20. Apreciate all the help, next time I'll just take one hit, that's all I need anyway. Just looking to feel good, not get stoned.

Yeah it was worth the experience though lol

Sounds a lot like my experience. Absolutely nothing one minute... 10 seconds later I was just as high as I was the entire rest of the night.