FOX post Anti- Obama Onion Article As REAL NEWS

Discussion in 'Politics' started by badjer17dum, Nov 27, 2010.

1. There is a reason for this.

The Onion is a fake news site. So if Fox is reporting the same thing, what does that make them?

2. Doesn't surprise me in any way shape or form

3. wow that shit is funny

4. it makes them fake ass news liars! glad we got that out there

5. Hell, dey also use twitter posts and Facebook post as news sources, nothing will surprise mi within Western media.

6. paha. speaks for itself. hilarious

7. Can you say dan rathers?

8. cmon guys the onion is fair and balanced! lmao

9. Where are all the posts from people who dont care about media bias or lies from the media? In typical fashion the opinions seem to change when the topic is Fox.

When I make a thread pointing this sort of stuff out about left wing media, you guys get all butt hurt and flame me for posting about it.

10. It is not the first time I have seen people sucked in by an article from the Onion. It does however call into question their fact checking skills. :rolleyes:

Dronetek I have never seen you post anything about the left wing media that even remotely resembles this.

11. #12 Dronetek, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
    You're one of them. Why aren't you bitching about this thread?

It has happened to the left wing media too. Just recently. I'm trying to find the story now. Why would you know about it? You're not at all interested in lies coming from the left.

http://techcrunch.com/2009/09/04/the-onion-keeps-on-embarrassing-newspapers/

Just because you and your left wing media ignore these stories, doesn't mean they never happened.

12. Guess you guys were not on the distribution list...he emails me all the time

13. people beleive whatever they see on "the news"

just like folks beleived sarah palin said the thing about seing russia from her home.. which was from a saturday night live skit.

14. Fox readers are responsible for putting the article up as true?

15. Lol the libs getting all excited in this thread is funny

16. Srsly. There are dumbfucks on either side of the political spectrum; if you're claiming one side is inherently more stupid than the other, you're really only proving your own ignorance/stupidity.

I guaran-fuckin-tee you, if an Onion news article was posted on any liberal media outlet, there would be retards going on and on about how awesome it was that Bush slipped on a pile of his dog's shit and broke his hip. Like I said, idiots on both sides.

The question remains, though: did whoever post the article simply have too much faith in people, trusting that they'd pick up it was satire? Or was it deliberately posted because even the poster believed it was real? It was clearly posted where to read the full article, and going to the site makes it abundantly clear it's satire (as if it wasn't already obvious). It seems to me that it's more likely the poster forgot/didn't think they needed to point out the article was satire than actually believing it to be true and posting it as such. As we all know, there are a LOT of stupid people on the internet and as I said earlier, if you think there are more stupid people on one side than the other, you're just as stupid as those people :wave:

17. It is scary how stupid the masses are. Corporate media = propaganda.

As long as sheeple are taking sides of "Liberals", "Conservatives", "Dems", and so on we as Americans lose. Divide and conquer is the name of that game.

18. Are you implying that there is no difference in political ideology from Liberals to Conservatives...?