FOX NEWS SAYS "decriminalization influenced teens' perception of marijuana" IN MASS.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by GDP420, Nov 3, 2011.

1. check this out, i thought it was pretty ridiculous the way they said its a dangerous drug in general. I can see how it COULD be dangerous for kids, but for adults as well? come on....... Yet they have "drink responsibly" for alcohol commercials and ads -____-....... I Wonder why the media doesnt talk about how DANGEROUS alcohol is for KIDS ??? Hmmmmmmmm..... Let me know what you guys think. :smoke:

Has Decriminalization Influenced Teens' Perception of Marijuana?

2. #2 Orthanc, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
    Wow, what a joke. I laughed the hardest and went on a rant to myself about this statement, "One of the reasons; the drug that your kids can buy, almost as easily as they can get alcohol, isn't the same stuff that was around when you were a kid. Potency of pot, measured by the amount of THC, has steadily climbed since 1985, nearly tripling in two decades, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse."

Haha. I'm sorry, pot is not 'almost as easy' as getting alcohol. You can literally get alcohol from anywhere in all sorts of ways. Pot is not advertised and sold in stores where you can just have an adult friend or bum go in and buy you a half ounce or some shit, alcohol...ya can do that. How do you think I became an alcoholic? Haha.

Alcohol is way way easier to get than pot. Even for a regular smoker like me pot can be hard sometimes. I've got connections but they don't always come through.

3. Your wrong also my friend.

Its been prooven Many a time that Weed is WAY easier for you to get than Alcohol because to get alcohol you have to go through the safeties set up by the system. Derp.

The drug dealer down the street doesnt care if your 12 or 15 he just wants money.

4. Yes you have to go through the safeties, but that's a lot easier to get through. From my own personal experience in life, it has been 10x easier for me to get alcohol than pot. So in my post, I'm speaking from my own personal experience. I guess I should have noted that then, and possibly used different wording. I do this a lot....

5. Pretty much. And every city has tons and tons of people willing to sell weed, where as not many adults are willing to become a criminal by making a, say, $5 profit for buying vodka for some 16 year old.

6. what did you expect from faux news.

7. All you gotta do is legalize mj and then have super strict penalties for anyone caught selling or redistributing it to minors.

8. C'mon now, Anyone who knows anything about bud knows you cannot overdose on it.

9. Probably depends more where you're from, my parents would buy me alcohol, my girlfriends dad has bought me and her alcohol. Homeless people are always down to buy it, some stores by me don't ID, and one accepted a pokemon card (of Machamp, because we look alike)

10. LOL man the news is hilarious when you can see right through it

11. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: godanmmit

12. #14 NefariousBredd, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
    Please, define for me the word "influence". Personally, I hope that teenagers are influenced by legalized marijuana. We see that the influence of prohibition on children is to prompt them to try the "forbidden fruit". Maybe now they'll be "influenced" to understand that it's just a plant.

"When you have a more potent form of any drug, you increase the chances that people will get addicted to it, and addicted more quickly, and have more problems because they're taking a higher dose," Kelly says.

Once again, abjectly wrong. Marijuana "users" regulate their intake the same as alcohol users and, in most case, even more so. Marijuana is more expensive that alcohol at present, urging users to moderate intake for the mere reason of saving money. In addition, to the vast majority of marijuana "users", again like alcohol users, too much is not a good thing. Self regulating intake of mind-altering drugs is not a new thing. People can and do self-regulate their marijuana intake quite well.

Also. please understand that the increase in potency of marijuana is a direct result of prohibition. The same was true with alcohol, where moonshine was the common standard. This is because when they prosecute us, they seek higher sentences for greater amounts. The natural inclination is to reduce the amount that needs to be carried. More potent pot LAST US LONGER and is MORE EXPENSIVE. These two factors offset the desire to over-consume. For their argument to have any merit, the potency would have to increase separate from any price increase.

"The young people tend to say it's, they perceive it as being less harmful, then don't even perceive it as being a drug," says Dr. John Kelly, of the Center for Addiction Medicine at Mass General hospital. Kelly says 80% of the teens who come to treatment, are addicted to marijuana or cannabis.

First and foremost, this article completely fails to show that there has been any increase in teen use, furthering my above point.

Second, the of the teens coming to treatment for cannabis, the current stats show that over 57% were ordered their by courts. Figure in how many went to appease parents, and you begin to understand these bloated statistics. As it stands, only 13% of those seeking marijuana addiction treatment admit themselves:

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/...nt-statistics/

Please, never take at face value what is said by people who profit from what they advocate.

13. I agree with what you are saying, but for me and my friends. It was easier to get marijuana, simply because we didn't have to ask someone to go buy it for us.

14. Alcohol is a drug. Bet you don't perceive it that way, bitch!

15. Unless they advocate full legalization of cannabis:smoke:

16. Are you high?

17. I see where he's coming from. A kid doesn't always know where to go to find weed, but they know exactly where to find alcohol. It wouldn't be too hard to have somebody buy the alcohol for them. If a minor doesn't have any friends/family that can get them connections then it's really difficult to get weed.

18. Where was this proven? I'd like to know. Where I'm from Alcohol is just as easy to get. The safeties system? Are you talking about the same safety system where you are only suppose to get prescription drugs through pharmacies? You are acting as this is a perfect world and people abide by the laws lol.