Fox Farm's Happy Frog or Ocean Forest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by let it play, Jul 3, 2012.

1. i am starting two autoflowers in black gold seedling mix with extra perlite added in 4 in pots then transplanting to bigger pots with either Happy Frog or Ocean Forest with extra perlite added which would be better for autoflowering? i also plan on using the grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom trio.

2. In my opinion, happy frog is the way to go. Ive used it for herbs, veggies, and pot and it always does wonders. I also use happy frogs bat guano, which plants love as well. Fox farms good though too.

3. ffof is formulated for indoor growing go happy frog or something else some 707 would b wise . u want soil thats formulated for your environment good luck

4. #4 mjmama25, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
    Second vote for 707 here. I've never liked FF soil much. The OF burns and the Happy Frog is hard and heavy. It turns into a brick after a couple weeks of use. I like fluffier soil.

If I was going to pick between the two your mentioned I would recommend happy frog. It has less N in it than the Ocean Forest and since your plants will be flowering soon you don't need a ton of N. Just get the mild soil and some flowering nutes and you'll be set. The autos should be able to feed off the soil all the way though veg if you're transplanting them.

5. Do a mix of both, and add perlite to keep the happy frog from getting too clumpy and the ffof from being too loose, and settling unevenly causing open areas inside the pot, if your using pots. Im having that issue now with a kings kush in a pot of ffof. Once I finish this grow, Im gonna start making my own soil. Alot of the hardcore organic growers are gonna get on your ass about your soil and nutes not being organic. I already got it in another thread. Good luck

6. happy frog or pro mix???

7. Pro mix with added ammendments any day

8. what would you add and how long does it have to sit before planting?

9. Perlite, alfalfa, kelp meal, rabbit poop and plant tone is all I added this year and I let it sit for a couple weeks

10. #10 SkunkyBrains, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
    Do you raise your own rabbits for the manure? Other than that, I have no idea how to go about finding rabbit shit. And what about fruit and vegetable scraps? Can those go into the mix?

11. My mom has rabbits but also craigslist.chicken horse or cow will work as well

12. I would pick any good soil over ff..always had ph problems with it..promix or roots

13. I have some roots organic dry fertilizer one for veg and one for flower
    would you reccomend i mix that into the pro mix and let sit for a couple weeks along with perlite and kelp meal

14. Id raise my own, but my dogs would kill them, or do their best to try.

15. I think im going to pick up a bag of happy frog tomorrow i am also decidin between the fox farm soil trio or botanicares cns trio as i already have cns grow im also plannin on goin with fox farms root trio anybody have any advice on an 8 week feeding schedule?

16. Im using the FF trio now on two plants in FFOF, and they are doing pretty well. One is indoors, and one is outdoors, and they are both loving them. Im sure theres better nutes out there, but these are doing pretty well for me. You can always go the guano and espoma route, which is what I plan on doing for my next grow. I say do a mixture of ffof and hf, thats what the dude at my supply store does, and his shit is awesome.

17. Id say go grab a bail of peat moss at Lowes or Home Depot for cheap and grab some perlite, ewc, espoma meals, etc while your at it.

18. Roots organic 707 is the shit FFOF outside blow's anyone who swears by it no no no
    that stuff compact's so bad without a shit load of perlite. I never had P.h. problems . Stays moist to long anything i have in 707 luscious ,supple growth root's organic 707 all the way drains nice feed's for a few week's . i also bought some nursery bull shit by the truck load call'd the mix said it would feed for up to a month nope i got buy a week then had to add my own yummy Next year all i will buy is 707 Or make your own organic's to me not the way to go for a above ground situation u will harvest before the plant can even break down the food .just seems u need alot more of this and that to break this down and convert it to this so it's available to plant . synthetic's supply the plant with what it need's rt now happy growing . weed does not know if ur giving it organic's or synthetic's as long as it's in there thats like asking ur girls if they wan't pepsi or coke .