Fox Farm trio soil nutes.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GanjaGremlin, Apr 17, 2012.

1. #1 GanjaGremlin, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    So apparently you are suppose to use the trio of fox farm liquid nutes, but unfortunately I only have the Grow Big and the Tiger bloom.
    FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company

Is it a big deal? Its a 2 hour drive to the nearest hydro shop for me, but I have friends driving to big cities all the time. What im asking is if it would make a big difference to get the Big Bloom, or is it worth it. Thank you.

edit: I also got some samples of Nervana, Rhino skin, and Sensi-Bloom Bud builder. I still have lots of samples. Would this suffice?

2. Yes, bigbloom is the prime nutrient in flower. You will use bigbloom every feeding. As grow big you only use twice in the middle of flower. I am running the complete FF line and it just blew my plants up. TigerB, Big bloom, and the soluables are a must for flower. I had to cut a plant at only 5 weeks and I got almost 4oz of it. So I promise you wont regret spending the extra $20

3. The soluable powder trio is sooo worth the $$$ too

4. Big bloom is not necessary, but I would highly recommend it. It's NPK (the 3 nutes you must have) is low but it contains a lot of beneficial micro-organisms and the 73 other micro nutes you need.

It really helps with keeping the plant from getting stressed out during transplants and recovering from shock.

However, Grow Big is all you need for veg, and the same with Tiger Bloom in flower.

5. You need to do the math on how much you need over the complete grow cycle to know which quanity you should buy. I bout the 32 oz trio only to find out I actually should have bought the gallon size to begin with. The 32 oz size will only get you completely through a grow cycle with 3-4 medium size plants.

6. Very true.

At the moment, I'm only doing one plant grows at a time until I get more room for a bigger tent.

7. Are you using the soluables?

8. I will be.

9. They're awesome.

ForumRunner_20120419_155620.png

This is week 5 only with the full line up.

10. What soil you using?

11. You can get the soluable trio off of amazon for $75. I have seen as high as $150

12. Thanks for all the help! Just got my big bloom today. It requires at least 4 table spoons, I most likely will have to buy another before I'm finished

13. I only use 2 tablespoons for big bloom, I never do the full recommended dose for nutes usually half

14. you use a whole 32oz bottle of FF grow big in one grow with 3-4 plants in the veg cycle? how long is your cylce, how often do you use the nutes and how much do you use>?

15. You have to remember you're using teaspoons of Grow Big and Tiger Bloom and tablespoons of Big Bloom.

16. ^1/4 cup, full feed. 16 gallon feedings in a quart.

17. Depends how long your plants live. With Ocean Forest soil, the only food I ever needed was Tiger Bloom. My Grow Big eventually sat on the shelf because I realized it was just overfertilizing the soil and giving my babies N burn. Only other thing I used was wood ashes to buffer pH and add Ca and K. However, this was my specific strain and grow cycle and yours may be different, but for me Tiger Bloom was all I needed.

18. #20 T2D4, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    this is something i'm interested in. my first grow will use FFOF, but i also bought the FF trio of liquid nutes. i'm thinking of not even bothering with nutes until day 30, unless something goes wrong.

should probably mention i'm starting with autoflowers on a 24/0 light cycle until i get a better feel for growing.