FOX Farm Trio Nutrients?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 5cooby Doo, Mar 6, 2013.

1. I was wondering how good the Fox Farm Trio- nutrients are? Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom. How long would they normally last (1 Litre) bottles. Is $50 a fair price for all three? *canada prices*:wave:

2. It really depends on how many plants you have, but yes, the fox farm nutrient line is incredible, i have seen so many gardens flourish with it

3. yeah you should grab those, it's not a bad price. you'll be happy with them. the amount of time they will last does depend on the amount of plants you plan to grow, but they last quite a while. you'll get your money's worth for sure

4. In my case they didn't last that long I had to use 12ml of big bloom and 8 ml of tiger bloom per gal every watering and I watered 3 times a week. So 36 ml and 24 ml in a week times that by how many gallons you use and how many weeks you will use it. I think it would last me in my situation 4 plants where as my liters of advanced nutrients will last me like 20 plants since I use 4ml a gal of part A And B. Fox farms produces pretty good buds but I would not say incredible or anywhere close to it.

5. if you do end up getting the FF nutrients, i don't think i'd follow Mo's schedule. you should be getting some plain water in there at some point as it helps with salt buildups in your soil from the fertilizer. I usually follow a feed, feed, water schedule. Late in flower that water also includes molasses. I use big bloom and tiger bloom and it's lasted me through multiple grows, if duration is a concern but you're leaning toward FF you can always try their solubles instead. They last much longer. and yeah FF can grow amazing bud, not sure what this fool is talking about...just ask around and check out yields, it speaks for itself.

6. check out [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJCs7M-V2t4]Led Cannabis Grower Day 8 Flower - YouTube[/ame]

7. I'll save everyone some time with this:

1. It has nothing to do with the OP's question.
    2. It's a form of self-promotion so you can checkout this user's grow vid
    3. It's shot terribly and is almost 5 minutes of someone moving their camera around on 2 plants over and over and over.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Appreciate your guys' thoughts no this. With fox farms what is the difference in it not being organic? How does that affect the product and you?

Currently using vegetable fert' organic, and it did the job. I was surprised. So then why pay $100 for FF when vegetable fert only costs a couple of bucks?

What about general hydroponics organic line? Or advanced formula A/B?

Just trying to figure this out. What's my best option?

9. #9 JackHerer34, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
    Some fertilizers are specifically designed to benefit cannabis growth and the growth and production of it's flowers by giving it the ideal amounts of macronutrients (N, P, K) and micronutrients (Ca, Mg, S, Mn, B, Zn, Cu.) Organics are always a good way to go, but if you were to do a proper flush before harvest you wouldn't really notice a difference between organic and chemical. If you don't flush, your bud will crackle like pop rocks when you smoke it and the natural taste of the strain will suffer. I can't really speak for anything other than fox farm, the others will probably do a great job too and I'm sure plenty of people pull great yields with them. MoCakes seems to be a little biased toward advanced nutrients, so I'm sure he does a decent job with it. But i thought you found the trio for $50, now you're saying $100. $50 is a good deal for all 3, if it's $100 I'd look elsewhere.

by the way,depending on the type of soil you use, like fox farm ocean forest for example, you can probably go without buying any veg nutes and just buy the Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom and save yourself some $$$

10. I did find a 50 deal, i was just talking in general when I said they cost 100. The soil is usually a little strong for the seedling and during early veg the girls love the soil. Wouldn't start with nutes until mid-late veg.

11. In general you'd be looking more in the $60 range for the trio. You could get all 3 and a bag of FFOF for under $100. FFOF has plenty of nutrients to support a 30-35 day veg period. If I need to veg longer I'll just throw some fresh soil on top and I'm good to go. So you could probably cut out Grow Big unless you plan to veg for a long time. As for seedlings, just get the amount of soil you'll need for seedlings and flush it out. It'll make it more comfortable for seedlings while it's rooting and once it's ready for a transplant it's already somewhat acclimated to the soil..or just get a different medium to start your seedlings in

12. Hahaha you just love trying to call me out huh. This is your third post trying to start shit with me since ive been ignoring you so you got it buddy. First off their was nothing wrong with my schedule with fox farms, my plants had deficiency so I gave them three waters a week you do what the plant asks for. Two I never said anything biased about AN I just said they lasted longer cause I used lesser of their product. Three I know what I'm talking about when it comes to what fox farm can produce and what other nutrient lines can do. Four your a loser who loads soil into truck for a living while I actually answers customers questions for a occupation dealing with multiple different nutrient lines and multiple different medium and never have I had someone come back to me and say it didn't work. Five you say fox farm powders and trio aren't suppose to work with each other even though on the back of the powders it has measurements for when its by itself or with other nutrients so tell me why fox farms would say no don't buy our liquid trio with powders it doesn't work go buy a H&G base nutrient or GH base nutrients and use those with the powder... Nah I don't think so their suppose to work in conjunction with each other that's how I first knew you were a idiot. Second time I knew you were an idiot is when you told me to compare my yield of my three footers to one kids auto any good grower know that's yield is mainly based off how much and what type of lights you use. Ill say it a again fox farms produces only GOOD bud not amazing buds you clearly haven't seen amazing but I shouldn't expect so much out of a crappy grower like yourself. For the OP If you want the best bud you can get, your gonna have to start mixing and matching AN, dutch master, H&G additives, some gravity and possibly others. Back to jack I did a fox farm grow then an AN grow and AN shot fox farm out of the water and I had to use less of the product so it was a win win situation and i have heard multiple people say the same thing never the other way around. Keep on calling me out man I don't mind schooling you, I mean it is what I do for a living while you load soil right lol I don't mind getting in a few giggles a day on behalf of you being an idiot.

13. Hahahaha you were absolutely correct

14. #14 JackHerer34, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
    wow man... i'd think if you grew such incredible bud you would probably be a little more relaxed. I was actually trying to give you props, not rip you apart when i said you were biased toward AN and that you probably did well with it. If it works for you, great. I was just suggesting that if he was interested in AN then you might be the person to ask because like i said i can't speak for anything other than fox farm. I think it's funny how defensive you get, jesus..go smoke a j and chill. I'm not taking shots at your occupation either, sorry you work at a small hydro shop and have to unload trucks. also, i haven't loaded a truck since i was 18. That's not even close to what i do for a living. although i did agree with you that adding cha ching would be a good idea as the liquid line can't compare to what that has to offer. there are things i agree with you about, not saying you're a complete dumb shit dude so don't take it that way. but i completely disagree when you say you can't get amazing buds unless.... how can you even begin to call me a crappy grower when you honestly have no clue? i just finished up my blue diesel grown exclusively with FF, and yeah it was incredible smoke.

15. I found the trio pack at my garden center for$35 I was stoked.