Fox Farm Grow Big ????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by iGROWgRxapes, Apr 28, 2011.

1. I just got me some fox farm grow big for veg ... this is my first time with any fox farm products... i transplanted my grand daddy purple plant into soil couplde of days ago fed it with b1 and water ... check my picks in link in my signature... heres my question .....will this be the only nute i need through my whole veg?... i noticed ther is no calcium and sulphur in the product.. i was always taught these were needed secondary food for the plant (including magnesioum which grow big has) it has all of the trace minerals (boron, copper, molybdenum, zinc, iron and manganese) ... and of course NPK 6-4-4 .... please voice your opinion on the subject!!!!!! Will this be the only nute i need? new to fox farm products:confused:

2. acually just relized it does not have molybdenum in it... molybdenum is a key mineral helping with photosythesis........??????

3. no grow big is not all you need.
    I have been using fox farms o.c. soil and their 3 nutes in their product line. You need the tiger bloom blossom builder and bloom big.

grow big is the nutes you use during vegging growth.
    bloom big is used during flowering, and tiger bloom you supply basically from start to finish, from 2 weeks after planting until a week before you harvest.

Go read the descriptions,but it's a 3 part system of nutes to get the best out of your plants.

4. I use a brand called "Flora Nova" for grow and bloom nutrients, then I have some Cal-Mag from Botanicare, this stuff called Hygrozyme, this other stuff called "Superthrive" that looks like it's from before World War 2, some mollassas (cheap replacement for "bud candy" type products that's essentially the same thing) and "Clear-Ex" to Flush.

I grow in 2 gallon bags of coco fiber mixed in with 10% perlite and 30% vermiculite.

I used Fox Farms once and wasn't impressed. The way they advertise their products gives me an overall impression that they're all sizzle and no steak. Go with either Flora Nova or Advanced Nutrients. A lot of people say Advanced Nutrients is better because it comes in two bottles, and Flora Nova is in one so all the "gunk" settles to the bottom, but all you have to do to fix that is not be a weenie and shake it up real good. I like how Flora Nova has really high Potassium too.

5. LOL. Definitely agree on Superthrive's packaging. Looks like it comes straight from travelling snake oil salesmen in the '30s. If it didn't come recommended to me by numerous experienced growers I would have never even considered buying it just because of how ridiculous the packaging is.

6. You got Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom mixed up. Big Bloom is used the entire grow, Tiger Bloom is the flowering nute.

7. i said during VEG

8. Is grow bing really necessary? I looked on fox farms website and it says use grow big and it says use on week 2,3,4,5,7,and 8.