Fox Farm Grow Big

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hextacy, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Hey there everyone, i know this is most likely a repeat of a previous post, but i cant find any posts that answer this question specifically.

I bought some Grow BiG by Fox Farm because ive heard great things.

Q1: How often should i apply the fertilizer solution if i plan on spraying the leaves with it?

Q2: What would be a good ratio. ive heard start at 1/4 what the instructions say, and sometimes even 1/8 the dose and work my way up to full doseage. Can someone help me out please?

Q3: What is the earliest i should start to give my plants the fertilizer? im using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil as well.

Thank you for your help and sorry for possibely repeating a thread.

2. 1. Foliar feeding is not recommended. Your leaves should always remain dry. At least,
    in my opinion.

2. Start at 1/4 and work up. Grow Big is strong stuff.

3. I would wait about two or three weeks in FFOF. That soil is already loaded with so
    much good stuff, MJ will veg fine in just that for the first few weeks, no problem.

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

3. Really? i heard that spraying them on their leaves was one of the more effective ways of going about feeding them.

if thats the case, how often should i fertilize it when i water it? once a week or once every 2?

4. Yeah it works, its just that the water on the leaves can burn your plants under HID
    lights. Your plants will tell you when they need food. Every plant/strain is different, but
    I would feed every 2nd watering and slowly increase the nutes over time and see
    how the plant responds.

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

5. ok. that makes sense. well i use cfl's cause im a pretty novice grower so i dont think they would get burnt from heat. if the fertilizer being on the leafs will cause fert. burn more then if i would water it, then ill just fertilize it normally, but i think i would perfer to mist it on, its easier with my current set up.

6. The one time I foliar fed my plants (outdoor grow) this year I did it with 1/8 strength at around 5:30 AM. Though the temps only got to around 85 degrees, my leaves showed signs of burn by the end of the day. No more spray feeding for me.