Fourth marijuana conviction gets Slidell man life in prison

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Swills, May 17, 2011.

1. Fourth marijuana conviction gets Slidell man life in prison

Published: Thursday, May 05, 2011, 5:51 PM Updated: Monday, May 09, 2011, 11:56 AM

2. Im infuriated! This is insane!

3. Completely ridiculous, and not the least bit surprising...

4. I'm predicting a moderately successful appeal, but we'll see what happens.

The situation is obviously ridiculous, but why would he have pounds of weed lying around his house while he was on probation?

5. its a very ridiculous outcome

BUT, he was aware of the repeat offender law, im sure. with such a law on the books, the judge cant rightfully say "oh it was just marijuana, ill let you go." laws are laws for a reason. this guy just happened to either be really stupid, or just not care at all

6. Supposedly this guy had pounds of mj so yea intent to distribute is what sealed the deal
    With his previous record it really didn't matter much they were gonna slam him
    Plus LA is one of the harshest in the nation

7. Agree, but Mobius is right. It will get over turned in the appeal process.
    Off topic I wonder when they make it legal if they will release everyone serving time with a conviction.

8. Well he did get caught 3 times

9. Why not move to a state and do it legally after the first, second, or even third conviction? That's a harsh sentence, but god damn how stupid do you got to be haha

10. He had a student loan application...he was just trying to put himself through school...

That being said, what kind of idiot continues to get caught like that?
    4 times?
    That sounds like a pretty bad dealer to me.