four plants, three males

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ISTANDALONE, Jul 12, 2006.

1. i started four plants around the first week of may, and they have just recently shown sex. of course with my luck the way it is, i've got three males out of four plants. i'm not sure if i should take the one female and clone three or four others from it, or just start more plants from scratch. any suggestions? i'm leaning towards cloning to guarentee females.

2. unlucky there !

3. depends on what kind of yield you want. and what method you're using to grow

4. I feel your pain. I just got 1 female out of 7 white rhino seeds. If you're going to grow again right now, I'd do clones to ensure females. No point in messing with seeds if you can clone IMO.

5. bad luck this grow i had so many females i had to throw some away i would definatly clone your plant tho

6. I really should get myself a auto-flower strain... Can introduce new plants whenever the hell you want.. anyway man in the space you could have 1 big plant.. you could have 3-4 smaller plants.

Im kind of stuck in the same situation right now, i got a half grown plant and 2 seedlings... i wanna turn the female but i dont wanna waste the seedlings :mad:. And once again... "If only i had a auto strain"

7. hey johnsy, what is this "auto strain" you speak of?

8. An auto-flowering strain... means plants will flower under 18/6 and i've even heard 24/0 can work.

9. Which obveiously is going to grow it alot quicker..

10. #10 Deleted member 33396, Jul 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2023
    {DELETED}

11. Bad luck man, but that's all it is. Clone and or germinate some seeds and charge on. Your odds have to improve... Good luck!

12. whats abouts teh lowryder? supposed to be similar to NL in potency.

oh and to OP just clone a bunch, like 4-6 and then keep cloning. Mmm..

13. take clones off the plant and grow them!

14. #14 Deleted member 33396, Jul 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2023
    {DELETED}

15. well, i'm not as bad off as i first thought. out of four plants, one was male, one was female, and the other two were what i thought was male, but it turns out they are female. the last two must be a strain that matures slower than the others because last night as i was prepairing to pull them, i noticed the telltale white "hairs". i almost did cartwheels! so needless to say i'm fu*cken psyched. i went and got three cfl bulbs (100w) to run in addition to my three four foot tube ballasts. being that these bulbs are warm lights they should help the flowering phase nicely. thanks for all the help, guys.