Four Loko....

Discussion in 'General' started by notime4schwag, Nov 6, 2010.

1. A single can is equivalent to five beers and a large Starbucks coffee.

Can someone tell me how this is legal and marijuana still isn't?!?

2. Because it's alcohol, and alcohol is harmless.

/sarcasm

3. holy shit! Good thing I read this before I ever drank one, haha. I think just one would make me throw up :(
    Meh, I'll stick with beer/wine/gin :)

4. It's banned in Michigan and on many college campuses.

National by Aiden Kyle
    Four Loko Banned, A Caffeinated “Blackout in a Can”?
    November 1st, 2010

Four Loko Banned…a caffeinated “blackout in a can” is making headlines across the country, as universities and even cities and health care officials are arguing about the safety of adding caffeine to alcohol. The “Four Loko” beverage has the same amount of alcohol as a couple of beers and as much caffeine as a few cups of coffee

Some college students have blacked out and gotten sick from drinking the beverage, as while you are drinking it you don’t realize exactly how much alcohol you are consuming.

The FDA is investigating the claims that it is not safe to consume this beverage, although many people out there simply say that people should know their limits when they drink, and vow not to drive even if they feel okay.

The Four Loko beverage is widely available at convenience stores around the country. Certain campuses are banning it not only because of safety but also because the NCAA bans some of the additives within the beverage.

5. four loko is fucking disgusting.