Found reefer in my garden

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by angelistic, Jun 2, 2010.

1. I live in South Carolina... we just moved in to our new home a few months back. I started gardening several months back the garden was way over grown and just completely a mess. Today as I was contemplating what plants I wanted to thin I noticed what I thought was a couple marijuana plants in my one of my so I foolishly plucked it out and realized right away it was infact a marijuana plant - it stunk, still can smell it in my nose. So... here I am kind of happy about my discovery. I think I am going to leave it for now, since I didn't plant it and don't plan on harvesting it, I don't smoke.

For now I am going to keep it growing in that garden area next to my dahlias, hostas, sunflowers, purple heart, clovers, etc... obviously it is enjoying itself tucked away..

[​IMG]

2. I dont think thats mj homie

3. Eh.. I don't think that's bud..

4. It looks like bud, but it's not. MJ has fan leaves with ridges in them.

5. dude, isn't that a tomato plat?
    no, serioselly, it is! :hello:
    btw; tomato plants have a scent of clorophyl, that hey shre with mj
    that is not ganja!

6. Much to my dismay after further investigation, ya'll are right, it isn't marijuana after all, it's spider flower aka cleome...

early this morning in my garden:
    [​IMG]

what I researched and came up with:
    [​IMG]

Im a little bummed, but what the hell. Its pretty.

Thanks a bunch for the information, I would have probably gave it to a friend that smoked it jk - good grief this brings back memories when I use to give my aunt a mixture of oregano + other herbs when I was a mischievous youngster, I was a rotten kid.

7. Was just about to say that lol. I posted a thread a while back about the cleome flower, and as soon as I saw that plant I recognized it lol. I have a few cleome plants in my greenhouse and man, they'll grow like four feet (take their sweet ass time though), and look pretty sweet after they flower.

8. Stain - that's good to know, I'm not fond of googling about plants and any information is appreciated. I have had unbelievable luck growing a lush garden due to the humid hot environment, figured anything is possible if I can keep several variety of plants alive at once.

9. Jolly- You are a dork! BUT I was as eager to call it marijuana just as you were to call it a tomato plant, sooo I'm a dork too.

10. Now that the juices are flowing why not try germinating a few mj seeds and discover the pleasures of cultivating the worlds most renowned plant? You would get plenty of advice here although it sounds like you've got a bit of a green thumb already.