Found money, Don't know what to do with it.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by wowfytm, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 wowfytm, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011
    I moved into my apartment last summer, and since then I haven't really done any investigating. When I say that, I mean paying close attention to floorboards or hollow walls. Not that it's the norm for residents to do so, but IDK I'm an odd one. Anyways, I was walking in my living room barefoot when I felt an uneven panel. So I stooped down to investigate. I tried lifting it up with my hands but it wasn't budging so I went to the kitchen and got a wrench to pry the floor board. Underneath was 6 bricks of Canadian $100 bills. The only possibility I can come up with at the moment is that a drug dealer used to live in my apartment and when they moved they must've forgot it there. I don't know what to do with it. It's making me wonder what else is in my apartment that I haven't discovered.

2. spend it... all of it!!!

3. How many 100s in a brick? I would deposit the money man

4. 100 in each brick.

5. now that i think about it man i do remember leaving about 6 bricks of canadian money underneath a floorboard in ur house....

i'll take em back now buddddyyyyyy

6. wow im pretty sure that the first thing i would think of when moving out of my apartment would be the 60 Gs thats under my floor, but thats just me.

7. Put it in the bank for awhile. Search your apartment even more thourgholy (sp?)

8. Pics would make this much more interesting

9. cool. 60,000 in canadian. nbd right?

10. nice try:rolleyes:

11. Need pics of money before I can make a reality based decision.

12. thats awesome dude...ur money now...do whetever with it, dont like tell a landlord or anything retarded like that, just keep it

go on a vacation or sumthing

i mean thats a lot of money dude, if u have lived there that long then whoever lost it doesnt care or remember anymore

13. Burn it all!

14. I mean first reaction to this would be to spend it. But think closer. Someone used to live there , and they hid there money down underneath the floor so no one can find it? Obviously a drug dealer and 60,000 dollars doesnt come from weed its just isnt that big. I mean it could be but its probably coke or crack and I know they dont fuck around so one day they could come back to reclaim there money and you say well " I spent it " haha your not that dumb. But I dont know i would say spend some on a splurge like 10k then put the rest in a savings account you never know when you will need money.

15. for all you know that was from 2 or 3 tenants ago , keep it ....what are you gonna do put up a sign saying money found please be honest is it yours ?

merry Christmas :)

16. Maybe someone just died there. Old people are always hiding shit

17. that's why I thought. That's why I'm hesitant to do anything with it in case they come back looking for it.

18. thats why you put it in the bank for awhile.

19. Wouldn't the bank question me if I went to them to deposit all at once?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.