Found Bad Ass Baby Snake in Backyard [PICS]

Discussion in 'General' started by Scapris, Dec 22, 2007.

1. I was smokin' over my friends house on break and I saw this little dude cruise by us. I scooped him up and am getting a 20 gallon tank for him.

And if you hate big pictures, too bad ;D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Mark

2. THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME! What kinda snake is it?

3. train him to harden into a walking stick at your call, that would be awesome! you can go around pretending your moses

4. I'm pretty sure it's a southern ring neck. They are very small snakes and usually get to a max of 1 ft.

5. :laughing:

6. I love how stoners have the macro shot always on... it's a habit I guess :p

That snake looks pretty wicked.

7. It's a like a super dark black on the whole top side, and underneath its got that sick orangey color. Can't wait to get him in the tank and set up a nice lil home :)

8. maybe its a harmless garden snake ive seen them in my back yard a couple of times

actually this 1 night i was in a toking session in my room and i had the window up and i was really blazed and i saw a snake squirming by on the ground...looked really crazy the way he was moving when i was high

9. I've never had a good experience trying to take a wild animal and put it in captivity (you really have NO idea what it needs in terms of food, heat, light, shelter, substrate, hmidity or lack thereof etc) so I would strongly, strongly advise against it.

But good luck if you do try.

10. that things looks highly poisonous

11. that would be awesome.

12. holy huge pic batman, shweet tho!

13. yo cmon dude... let's consider this for a second.
    I mean, really, is it gonna be that great having a snake in a tank?
    if i were you i'd probably let him go... just think about it.

this is a wild animal, suddenly snatched out, now destined to live
    its days in a tank without ever coming into contact with life outside
    your home.

i mean, sure the snake's awesome. it's sweet that you just found it
    chillin' in your back yard.

but is it worth fucking over that snakes natural life so that you can
    have it sitting around, and probably after several days or a week will
    pay little to no attention to it?

sorry for the rant man... but i'm a big animal person.

14. The survival rate of a baby snake is like 10% bro, I am doing him a favor. He's not an animal snatched out of his habitat, it's a newborn several days old.

Do you have pets in your home? Do you eat meat? This can go on forever, lol

-Mark

15. 10% living rate for baby snakes? Haha..
    where did you get that information?
    Yeah, I suggest you release him as well, he is just a baby harmless snake living his life, no need to wall him up.

16. It's harmless, but it does look badass! :D

@ OP. If you want a snake, I suggest buying one that's captive born. You should really let that little guy go. He's already used to being in the wild, and having a huge territory. If you confine him to a 20 gallon tank, there's a good chance he's gonna get stressed and die.

EDIT: I just wanted to throw out that I have been keeping snakes for about 20 years... Wild-caught snakes don't do very well in captivity. You can prolly go buy one just like it that was captive born at the local pet shop for $20-$40 (+/-).

17. Understand exactly where you are coming from my man but this guy is a newborn, only several days old. He was born in the same backyard, as there were several of these guys there at the time.

18. You seem to be pretty set on keeping this snake... Give it a shot (I wish you the best of luck, as a snake enthusiast, myself), but if you notice that it's not eating, please do the right thing and let it go.

19. Yeah I'm betting it would be really hard to keep a wild snake as a pet, especially a baby. I remember trying to nurse baby squirrels in cages.. the chances of them living was like 5%...

20. Of course bud, he's actually tearing up a pin-head cricket as we speak =D