Found a cat outside and need some help

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Purp Skurp, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Yesterday I was walking up to my door and there was this little black car chillin in my bushes, when I walked up she came over and was really nice, she's like maybe 1.5 feet so we took her in and put some found posters up if it's anybody's.

I'm just not too sure how to care for cats, I'm a dog person, right now it's mainly in my sisters room and we've got a litter box for her but I don't think she's used it yet, I put some water in a cereal bowl for it and I think she's had some but not alot, and last night we fed her like close to half of a can of some cat food. So do I feed her 2 times a day or how many? She can't be older than a year old, I'm gonna give her some milk in a little bit with some breakfast. Also when I'm sitting with her on the couch shell jump on the carpet and claw at it some lol, do I need to get something for her?

2. You can give her a cup of food in the morning and at night. But if she starts meowing at the bowl during the day it's okay to give her a little bit more food if she's really hungry.

Milk is also not really the best for them, yah cats like it but it's not really good for their stomachs so I'd advise against it.

And she's clawing to shorten her nails. You can get her a cat tree/scratch pad.

3. Ok I'm not going to give her milk, my sister is gonna feed it now, she doesn't seem to drink any water and I don't think she's pissed or pooped at all, do they just kinda know to use the litter box?

4. [quote name='"Purp Skurp"']Ok I'm not going to give her milk, my sister is gonna feed it now, she doesn't seem to drink any water and I don't think she's pissed or pooped at all, do they just kinda know to use the litter box?[/quote]

Uhm probably not. You might wanna just put her inside the box, so she knows it's there. And if she ends up pooping/peeing somewhere, take the pee/poop and put it in the littee box and show her, she'll get the idea.

I wouldn't worry about her not drinking, as long as she knows how to find the water she'll take care of herself. She won't let herself get dehydrated.

5. No problem man! If you need anything else just lemme know

6. This car is funny as hell, I'm in my room with her and she is like jumping on everything I have haha

7. Nicely done for not leaving her in the bushes!
    Respect man!

8. purp skurp, isn't that a type of bowl session?

9. Skin it an then see what it does.:D i got two red nose pits that would prolly want it

10. Respect for helping the little one out.
    Also give her attention am some toys, maybe even brush her a little

This thread made my afternoon a little brighter

Faith in humanity slowly being restored

11. Bad and good news guys :( we found her owner so I don't get to keep her, but it's good cause the owner gets their pet so I'm happy for them. But the owner was my neighbor lmao, they said they were out of town and had a friend feeding it and somehow it got out.

12. hahaha

on my droid right now and under the "current" section right above this bread is a thread titled "that's it, im throwing my cat out"

haha

13. Do NOT give a cat any dairy products. They cannot digest dairy , similar to a human thats lactose intolerant

14. Just make sure you feed her the same brand of food (nutrient levels vary between brands) on a certain time schedule. Since she is young try to dedicate some time everyday to playing with him/her or allowing her to engage her mind and use energy.
    The set feeding schedule will really help cut down on the cat's anxiety. It's very important to keep feedings around the same time twice to three times a day, depending on how healthy the cat looks. If he/she needs to put on some weight feed three times a day until the cat is in a healthy condition.