1. I looked around for the proper place for this, but ended up here.

In a forum thread, I wanted to reply to someone's reply, but didn't want to reply to the entire thread. But there is no option to reply privately. This inconvenience comes up very seldom, but my reason THIS time was to avoid derailing the thread, also by "quoting" his reply, leaves enormous potential for the discussion to turn into a snowflake war over a couple of sensitive trigger words.
    So I'm wondering how difficult it might be to add a reply privately button next to the quote/reply buttons in the forum threads. Rather than copy the reply - go to someones profile page - start a conversation - paste - then reply......

Or do I just not know how something works?

2. I know that on a computer I can click their name below the avatar and Start A Conversation. That is private.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Best solution is to copy their entire quote and choose to privately message them post said qoute in the private message and reply beneath it... For example

Ay buddy didn't want them sjw snowflakes to come crying so I figured I'd pm you... But you know actually pm them.

4. Maybe have a programmer permit "banning an IP" instead of trying to stop spammers using multiple IDs..works in other forums..Just a thought..
    Also will put some wannabe mods out of work..LOL

5. Thing is banning an IP is not a perfect solution as spammers always use different IP's. We are constantly working on better ways to fight spam unfortunately what ever we improve those dudes find a way to bypass it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you..But maybe would be a start?
    Regards!

7. We tried that and unfortunately we realised that banning IP's result ending sometimes banning actual users as IP's are not static all around the world.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks again..BUMMER>>
    Those people make me sick..It is a major epidemic and getting worse! I have had to completely stop answering my cell phone without checking incoming caller ID..I actually put a rude answering machine msg on my NEW # that no one I know has yet!
    it's the Robots that are really annoying..I look at the number of robots cruising this site and it is Huge..:bang:

9. I stopped using any SMS. Every couple weeks i go to my SMS inbox and have to clean around 150 spam SMS's.

However this is not the spammers problem imo. Governments all around the world should put strict rules to prevent this and sharing user data. The only way to stop this is that from my perspective.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. #10 Buzzer777, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    I never even enabled SMS..If people can't speak..You know the rest..LOL
    You are 100% correct..
    However IMO..Governments will never act, since many reps (USA Congress) are in the pockets of those doing the dirt. Just look at the USA killing off the Net Neutrality Act, and the many protections afforded to consumers using Credit Cards (to protect the big banks here)..
    I am not young and watching the progression of our losses is not pleasant at best..

• Agree Agree x 1