forgot to go to court

Discussion in 'General' started by SuicidalSoldier, May 3, 2008.

1. oh man i was so busy getting stuff done in my flat that i forgot i had court today...jus been told theyr lookin for me with a warrant. wtf am i supposed to do? if i hand myself in ill just be on remand until my next court appearance an if i dont im breaching my probation order(i suppose failure to attend court is breaching) ive been walking around waitin on buses an stuff not even knowing. ffs anyone any ideas :confused:

2. you will get fined.

just go in or call/

fuck i didnt go to court and i need to go....right now

3. Go turn yourself in.

You will just be delaying the inevitable if you don't get this cleared up.

4. Call A Lawyer Man, Not Gc.

5. Your best bet is to give them a call, tell them what happened and ask. They wont come get you on the spot. You can call from another location than your flat if you dont want to risk it.
    I KNOW things are done differently from one place to another, but since my offense was minor, they just had me make another date.
    You can also call a lawyer to find out your rights.

6. guys seriously, don't just guess your answers. Don't do anything, and i mean anything before you talk to a lawyer. The law doesn't make sense, thats why you get a lawyer to take care of you.

7. yeah i was gonna fone him tomorrow (its 11pm here)
    got really paranoid was like 300metres from my house when i got told and i was like FUCK and ran. boots on and all. if i turn myself in il get remanded until my next court date. worst comes to worst i find out the next court date and just hide. i know thats prolly got a good idea but im not going inside no fucking way i enjoy my freedom & drugs too much.
    charge was attempted theft of a motor vehicle. 18 month probation. not even half way through.

by the way, just for the record i didnt try to steal a car, i "flew with the crows and got shot with the crows" as my prob. cerfico would say. i mean lets face it...the government totally sucks[tenaciousD]

*edit* oh...and i forgot to mention i have no job, no money, no belongings. so fining me is just gonna take money from gov funds to pay a gov debt. *edit*

8. i actually forgot to go to court yesterday, but my attorney was there n got it waived for me for another month n a half

9. failing to present can be cause for violating probation

10. Failing to appear can violate your probation, but I don't think you are in bad shape.

The warrant they have out for you is a bench warrant, not a probation offense warrant, so if you call up and explain your situation most likely you can get the judge to drop the warrant, explain that you are really sorry and what not.

11. Dude just go in..no need sitting there worrying about it, you forgot, face the music. Shit happens. Dont continue to hide/debate, thats just stupid.

12. dude you need to rob a old ladie at a teller,,, to get you some cash,,,

then hijack a car,,, rob a store for some potatoe chips, and twinkies, for the trip,,,:p

and flee the country.... your in europe,,,,

go spend the summer in spain,,,

.http://[​IMG]:bolt::hide:

13. what were you doing that was a better idea than going to your set court date?

:eek:wowzers

14. ^^^^ i bet he was gettin high, right

15. I forgot to go to court, cause I got high.

Da na na na na na

16. yeah i was getting high but i was in my flat from 7am yesterday until about 3pm cause i had to wait on some people comin round to turn the water on and comission my gas. gonne fone the procurator fiscal now. fucking lawyer isnt in/

17. You're in the UK, not the Nazi States of America, so you should not be in too deep shit. Better phone as quickly as possible and, when you are hauled into court give the judge a tale of how you were streesed out about moving and go on at some length about the miseries in your life. Just don't tell him you were too stoned to remember.
    A guy around here went up on DUI charges stoned as hell and told the judge "I don't drink and drive, I smoke and fly" Got 30 days for contempt on top of the fine and suspension. No sense of humour, those judges.