Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Foreign Language Weed Slang by Country

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Col. Forbin, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Portugal

Erva - Weed
    Charro - Joint
    Ganza - Pressed Kief (aka Pollen)

2. Israel
    Yarok - bud (green)
    hum - hash (brown)
    Faisel - joint
    Buf - a small piece of hash enough for one joint(mixed with tobacco)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. UK - we invented English but we may have some weed terms not used elsewhere
    Grade - weed
    Cro - weed
    Resin - hash
    Piff - weed
    Food - weed
    Skunk - basically any dank sensi weed, usually used by the media especially for scare stories.
    Zoot - a joint
    Soap/Soapbar - really shit contaminated hash, not often seen these days.
    Twos - the last couple of pulls left on a joint.
    Rizla - a popular brand of rolling papers, often used to describe any brand though.
    Skin - a rolling paper
    Eighth - south east of England (especially London) - a bag that costs £20 rather than a bag that weighs 3.5g - if you want 3.5g ask for a full eighth or 3.5 - £25-35 depending on the area and dealer. In other areas like the south west asking for an eighth will get you the full 3.5g
    Henry - an eighth
    Cheese - a very potent smelling clone-only strain developed from Skunk #1, although many seedbanks have developed Cheese crosses like Big Buddha Cheese. Probably the most popular strain in the UK, real Cheese smells almost rotten whilst BBC has a much milder more cheddar like smell. Both are a very nice smoke if grown well. Dealers will often label any weed they have as Cheese if they don't know what it really is.
    Lemon - any weed that smells citrusy, could be Lemon Haze, Lemon Skunk or Lemon Kush but the dealer doesn't know.

Most people smoke mixed with tobacco so if you aren't keen on the idea ask if the joint you're being passed has any in it should you blaze with some locals.

4. "Exotic" one, Bulgarian:

Treva (трева) - weed
    Koz (коз) - weed
    Masur (масур) - can be used for both weed and a joint
    Svivam (свивам) - to roll
    Napushen/a (напушен/а) - high, -a is for female

5. Australia:

Udbizzle
    Udbosh
    Otpa
    Eengrosh
    Potsquakizzle

If you get down and you quarrel everyday...you're saying prayers to the devils I say

6. Finland: yrtti - weed (trans. Herb) (pronounced urt-tee)

Sent from four score and seven years ago

7. Norway:

Grønt (weed, i.e. flowers)
    Brunt (normally hash)
    Svarting (hash)
    Bønne (hash)

Skive (brick of 50 g)
    Plate (brick of 100 g)

The ø is pronounced as an oe'ish sound, as the U in the word "buck"

8. #28 A-Heart81, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
    Lol, some friends teased me recently because I regularly refer to cannabis as "marijuana", which is apparently very old fashioned. In my defense, I grew up in MN then TX with almost no experience with cannabis (a couple of times trying something cheap in TX and falling asleep). I was actually fairly anti-marijuana in my personal philosophy more most of my life. Fast forward to a year ago, I am in my thirties and moving back to California and I try medical cannabis. So, my only real experience with cannabis has been the medical model, purchasing tested products at licensed dispensaries. As a result, I am not really up to date on the latest slang even in this country lol.

9. what is it in bosnian?

10. Swedish —

Äzi – Cannabis (word of foreign origin)
    Grönt – Cannabis
    Green Lantern – Cannabis
    Spiderman – Hash
    Brunt – Hash
    Zutt – Hash (word of foreign origin)
    Kolla på film – Get high
    Kicka – Get high
    Mecka – Rolling
    Nattish – Night-smoke