Forcing your plant into flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by baileybolton, Nov 19, 2013.

1. I am not a total proffeainal grower but I do have some experience, and all of my plants I have let go into the flower stage by them selves... I know people force their plants into flower because of space issues... But my question is why???
    How much bigger can the plants possibly get in flower?!
    I have a almost 5 foot tall AK47 (female) and I'm giving it 24/7 light until it goes into flower by it self... Is that a good idea?

***Main Questions: Is it better to force it into flowering?

& why do people put their plants into flower?

Could I get a fast reply on this post?

2. I think you almost answered your own question. Some plants will grow upto 20 feet high outside. And some plants take a very long time before they will start to flower.

3. how does a cannabis plant flower by it self?..it will never flower if u dont switch to 12/12 onless ur growing auto

4. switching to 12/12 only makes a plant flower if it mature enough to flower. generally, after 4-5 weeks of veg you will see preflowers.

5. but will the plant go in full flower on 12/12 light

6. if it is mature enough then yes. if not you are simply delaying the process imo

7. My beautiful 5 foot AK is just now starting to show her split white hairs.. That means it's time for her 12/12 instead of 24/0?

8. 5ft? :rolleyes:

9. Damn near it! (Around 4ft 10 in)
    Noticing how tall it is I probably could have topped it earlier...
    But would you want to see a picture of my baby? She's beautiful

10. that wasn't to say that you didn't grow a 5ft plant, but to the comment that it didn't preflower until 5ft. but yeah, flip it. hope you have 10-15ft of head room

11. How much taller do you think she will get?
    She can't possibly grow a couple more feet in flowering.... Can she?!

12. 2-3x the size