force flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chronicACIDrock, Sep 10, 2007.

1. I want to force my grow asap i just started the other day on a 18 /6 cycle. I was wondering if i need to wait a certant amount of time before i can do this. I'm not concerned about the yield amount but i just want to try growing indoors for once. So realy think of it this way if i grow with 18/6 for 2 weeks can i switch it to 12/12 at the 2 week mark? i hope you understand my question thanks guys :D

2. You can switch to 12/12 at any point. The longer you let the plants veg the bigger the yeild will be.
    Hope that helps

3. forcing seedlings that young can have adverse effects
    they may go hermie
    they may have low thc quality
    ive forced young plants and it takes them forever to start to bud.they didnt show sex for well after 3 weeks.a clone of the same size would have a two inch inch bud at the top in the same 3 week period

4. Yea I'm not concerned about the sex or yield I just wanted to know if I could flower at anytime thanks for the feedback! :D

5. You can flower 12/12 directly from seed, if that's what ya want.

:wave:

6. if i did that how long do you think it would take till harvest

7. I remember just reading a 12/12 from seed grow journal on another forum. You can see for yourself. It still took a little while, and I probably wouldn't do 12/12 from seed myself, since I like to yield more, but it is certainly possible. Also, the strain you choose to grow has a lot to do with the flowering time. You'd want to look for a very short flowering strain (no crazy, long flowering sativas) if time is of the essence.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60987&page=1&pp=15

8. i think i remember reading the thread aswell.. i *think* it said 7-9 weeks total if you start from seed on 12 / 12.. not personal experience just what i remember reading