FoRcE BuDDiNg??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by SoNe_OnE, Jul 14, 2002.

1. I was just curious to know if there is n e way one could force budding on a plant????? Is it possible?? And for vegatation I was wondering if i could just leave my outdoor plant outdoors with a 12/24 light cycle,would this work or does it need to be 24/24, 18/24 light cycle to vegitate?????

2. dude,

first of all, just like any other plant, it grows by light cycles, as I figure you may already know.

here's some common-sense tips i found out in cyberspace for ya:

The maturation date of your plants is dependent on how much light they receive per day. The longer the dark period per day, the sooner the plant will bloom. Generally speaking, the less dark per day the better during the first six months of the plant's life. The older the plant is before it blooms and goes to seed, the better the grass will be. After the plant is allowed to bloom, its metabolic rate is slowed so that the plant's quality does not increase with the age at the same rate it did before it bloomed. The idea, then, is to let the plant get as old as possible before allowing it to mature so that the potency will be a high as possible at the time of harvest. One relatively sure way to keep your plants from blooming until you are ready for them is to leave the lights on all the time. Occasionally a plant will go ahead and bloom anyway, but it is the exception rather than the rule. If your plants receive 12 hours of light per day they will probably mature in 2 to 2.5 months. If they get 16 hours of light per day they will probably be blooming in 3.5 to 4 months. With 18 hours of light per day, they will flower in 4.5 to 5 months. Its a good idea to put your lights on a timer to ensure that the amount of light received each day remains constant. A "vacation" timer, normally used to make it look like you are home while you are away, works nicely and can be found at most hardware or discount stores.

good luck

3. PUt it in the shade of a tree where it doesn't get as much sunlight...thats what I did. Started flowering in August and is doing damn good