Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

For those who had Bronchitis from smoking too much..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OuTLaW1986, May 9, 2011.

1. OK I had bronchitis a couple months back and quit smoking while I had it and got better. I waited for like 2 weeks and I started smoking again, but not as much or frequently as I did because I didn't want to get bronchitis again...

Well I got it again.. and the weird thing is that I only would smoke like a .2 a day of dank, I'd smoke only like 2g's or 3 at the most a week and I STILL got it WTF...

I see a lot of people on here smoke every day for years and go thru like half o's a week and not get bronchitis how is that possible?? How do you guys do it? It's a shame that none of us on here speak too much about the health problems that weed can and does cause.

I don't want to get a vape, tried it once and felt like the high was weaker than if I had smoked. Besides I tried not smoking as much and I still got it. BTW I don't smoke cigarettes and never have.

2. 1 word. Edibles.

But i've been smoking both cigarettes and pot daily for the past 10 years of my life and I have never had it. Maybe your just unlucky?

3. Stop smoking?

4. its unfortunate you have a weak respiratory system but there are plenty of alternatives

5. Some people seem more disposed to it. My twin gets that shit a lot and I don't. Anything with water filtration or even colder hits could be a step in the right direction, but in your case I wouldn't discredit vaping. Patience, and you'll be just as lifted :) Also, abv makes you feel like you're doubling your weed for edibles (which steer clear of lung pain, but fatty foods are probably more dangerous than weed!)

6. Should I just stop smoking from glass pipes? Could that be the problem? I only use a steam roller.

7. a glass pipe isnt your problem thats for sure. its possibly one of the best materials to smoke out of...

personally i say try:
    going to the doctor to find the source of the problem (it COULD be the smoking but idk since ive been smokng 10 years and sometimes would go through way more than ur saying you use...) never was a problem for me

edibles. if youre impatient there ARE some quick/easy ways to make edibles. you can make firecrackers (easiest method i know of).

all you really need is peanut butter, crackers (ritz, saltine, etc.) vegetable/olive oil and of course, some bud.

simply grind up ur mj REALLY fine (like powder). spread out on a piece of foil or pan...
    place in oven @ 250-275 for 15-20mins.
    while the mj is in the oven take your crackers and spread pb on thick.
    once mj is done in the oven place in the middle of the cracker...
    put a few drops of oil and close your pb/cracker/mj sandwhich (wrap in foil)

now adjust the oven to right around 350 and put the crackers in for 20-25 min.

pull out.

let cool BEFORE unwrapping...

then eat

for more potency you can leave it out for 3 days after you bake it.

use 0.5 to 1g per edible mattering on the potency of the strain and your tolerance.

another option: vaporizer. sure they cost a pretty penny but it'll spare your lungs as there is no smoke...just vapor. saying vapes dont work isnt a fair thing to say. you should look into a vaporizer that allows you to adjust the temp to specific temperatures...this way you'll have better control over how much vapor is released. the higher the temp, the more vapor you'll get. just dont go too high or it'll actually BURN and you'll SMOKE it instead of vape it.

also dont set the temp too low of you will waste the bud by not milking it for all its worth. i believe for vapes you want the temp around 380-390 i think...(dont quote me on that)

also you could try a bong...it'll filter out most of the crap in the smoke.

hope this helps.

8. I think it's because I'm hitting it too hard... I do use a steam roller and I always get huge rips everytime, I need to stop that