for those of you who love cartoons...

Discussion in 'General' started by ganjaphish, Feb 24, 2002.

1. I'm only gonna post the first few paragraphs of this story, the URL is at the bottom of my post, for the Pepe Le Pew/Roadrunner fans out there, for those of you who watch the Cartoon Network frequently & stone to these awesome cartoons, I think a moment of respect is due... Read below...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Chuck Jones, the creator of some of Warner Bros.' most famous characters, including the Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote, and Pepe Le Pew, died Friday at the age of 89, the Orange County Coroner's office said.

The animator died at home of congestive heart failure with his wife of 20 years, Marian, by his side, his family said.

"He was never rich, but he was paid enough to ... do what he loved," said Craig Kausen, Jones' 39-year-old grandson, who worked with him for the past decade in the family's art business.

Born September 21, 1912, in Spokane, Washington, Jones grew up in Hollywood, where he observed Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton while working as a child extra in silent comedies.

(edit ~ forgot the link, stoner!)

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/23/chuck.jones.obit/

2. Sad...another true artist lost.....!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Man, I didn't know he was that old. What a bummer!

I can't believe he wasn't rich, though. All of those cartoons for so many (many many) years.

'Tis truely a sad moment. :(

I think bugs bunny should do a special. (Is Mel Blanc still around to do his real voice any more?)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nope Mel's gone too, but his son does a good job, he's been doing the voices for awhile.

5. Well at least it's still in the family. :)

I haven't paid much attention to the credits of the toons my kids watch.

What's Mel's son's name? I assume his last name is Blanc?

6. Not sure of Mel's son's name, just remember that from an interview after his passing.Would be a really cool way to follow in your father's footsteps though!!

7. I was sad to see another one go...i remember watching them as a kid thinking they were new....until i saw a few saying buy war bonds....

8. And even the really old ones have almost subliminal stoner jokes and phrases!! And when you're Blazed you can turn the sound on the TV off and Crank the Tunes up, and before long they are in time together!! :smoke: ;)