for those of you who are religious.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Dragon313, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Do you ever feel sometime that you believe more in your "god" and not necessarily the religion? or even that you should do that?

not gona explain just because I want to see what people think.

oh and no flaming please, im not pushing shit on you so dont push on me.

2. I feel that way as well. I believe in my religion, but I feel that having faith and doing the right things far exceed the importance of religious obligations (ie. not eating meat on fridays...etc...). I feel this way, mostly because blindly folowing a religion won't really lead to spiritual success. Now, I think it is important to follow your religion as best you can, but what if all that religious stuff is all a hoax (not that I believe it is)? Wouldn't it be best to leave this earth (if there wasn't an after life) knowing that you did good things and made a difference to better man kind?

3. HIGH FIVE! pretty much exactly what I mean. phew I was scared there

4. Glad to hear we are thinking on the same wavelength. :)
    Lets see what others think...

5. i put more importance in maintaining a relationship between me and God. i talked about it with my g/f and she agrees. its about doing what you think is right and most importantly being honest to God and yourself. i dont think that you have to go to church and sing songs youve heard a million times to be a good follower (christian in my case).

i think that the catholic church is one of the most corrupt churches there is. (not bashing catholics my gf is one and she thinks the same thing). i mean how many times do you have to say the hail mary or a prayer before God actually hears you? i find its repetitiveness pointless. and it almost seems as if it focuses on making more money than actually carrying out Gods will. and A LOT of child molestation charges are hidden by the people in power. im really not trying to bash catholics because i know that there are a ton of true ones out there but for those corrupt ones, its ridiculous. i hope that didnt sounds too brutal lol

6. I do believe in "God" if you will, but I offer this caveat, that compared to the universe our concept of God is miniscule, and this universe as vast as it is, is only an infinitesimal part of an infinite multiverse. In my way of thinking that means that what we understand now are vague terms as practiced clumsily through superstition and ritual. The universe isn't just big enough for stars and planets it's big enough for ideas as well. If God creates us dynamic and thoughtful humans, is not God itself then, dynamic and thoughtful? Shall we forever understand God and our relationship to it through a past snapshot of the world, or shall allow our concepts to evolve as our knowledge has?

Our knowledge should reflect a better understanding of ourselves as well as our beliefs. God can evolve just as well as man.

7. We have set our ideals for what is right and wrong over a long time, people used to eat each-other, and it wasn't wrong then so what makes it wrong now? I believe that if there is a "god" he really doesn't care what we do on this planet its our business and hes got other shit to do, he probably has a lot of earth sized MJ plants to tend to. :)

More on right and wrong though. Seriously everybody says that the most important thing to do in life is doing the right thing, and good things. I disagree with this 100% In my opinion the most important thing in life on this planet is to enjoy it. Sometimes that may involve doing wrong in others opinions but that doesn't mean it has to be wrong for you. I think its wrong to go murder people but some people think that's an okay thing to do. Everybody gets to decide for themselves what is right, and what is wrong. Me personally, I take up some things that others think is right like not killing people. However I do things a lot of people consider wrong, like pee in the sink. Life for me is about enjoying it in the best way I can.

I'd like to see a world where everyone helps each-other and does their best to enjoy life. The apparent and mentioned issue with this is that people or humans rather, enjoy competition. If everyone is just helping everyone there is no competition and no reason to succeed, but my argument against that is that you don't need to succeed to be happy, you need friends, family, and happiness. These three things are all achievable without success which we have apparently been raised to believe is the ultimate goal in life.

I strayed off topic though. I'm not religious but I believe greater being/s do exist somewhere in existence.

8. [quote name='Olesmoky']
    However I do things a lot of people consider wrong, like pee in the sink. quote]
    haha that was epic! its cool man do wat the fuck you wanna do. i like your opinions man keep it up