for my birthday!

Discussion in 'General' started by flowerchild, May 17, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

Sooo I will be 21 pretty soon, and my dad wanted to know what I wanted for my birthday. Well, whether he wanted to know or not remains a mystery, but I went ahead and told him

I want a bike with a big red bow on it!

Im a small girl, so Im looking at a beginner bike. I have looked at Honda Rebels and Shadows, and a couple Yamaha Viragos. so far my favourite is this Rebel- it's on ebay and I have fallen head over heels for it. :love:

All you bikers lemme know what ya think. Any other suggestions that i might dig? Be aware Im not down with the crotch rocket style bikes- Im a cruiser girl at heart.;)

2. Thats sweet :D

3. I really want you to get that, becuase you would be an actual Atractive girl Biker, haven't seen one yet@

4. thats nice...

id get it

5. If you're a small person, I would stay away from the Honda Shadow. Unless you weigh about 180 pounds or more, the Shadow is going to be far too large for you.

The Rebel is a great starter bike, and has practically the same components as the Shadow (save for the very large frame), so I don't think you'll be very disappointed at all. I've been looking into them myself!

:D

This is a 1986 Rebel, kind of an earlier model but it will give you an idea of its size compared to the Shadow.

[​IMG]

6. yeah Im' definately no where near 180 lbs. hahah. I'm really diggin the Rebels anyway. The one in the picture I posted is $2,995 and I would only have to go like 3 hours to pick it up. Pray for me blades! My dad is really serious about picking one up for me for my 21st! :yay::yay::yay::hello::hello::smoke:

7. Thats a nice bike, the rebel. So you're going for a cruiser huh? I think a dual purpose bike like a Yahama XT660Z would be sweet to ride, too :)

[​IMG]

8. Shame you're not in to the crotch rockets. I'ma get me a nice purple one some day. I hope he gets it for you though. Have fun.