For Clone Experts only!!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by DankNess, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Whats up all? Lemmi give you some back ground befor i ask my question. ok. I took clones almost three weeks ago now. I took the cuttlings from the bottom most undeveloped of my budding female... no only one of my three cuts had the pistols coming out indicating its sex and turning to the flower mode. When i cut it it had about six to eight pistols.. i startd them off inn a hummidity dome home made.. in the window for light by the sun.. i just recently 3 days ago got a hps and mh light... so now i have these lights on it... the hps during the day w/ momma for 12 hours then the metal hallide for 6-8 hours without her.. now i started noticing growth yesturday and the leves looked like the were getting resin glands... well i rubbed one and sure enough they are!! with the same sweet aroma of its momas buds!! shouldnt it go into vegitative growth with the light schedule i have it on?? has anyone cloned during flower?? should i top all the resinated leaves or just wait it out?

2. pics:smoking:

Attached Files:

3. Sometimes when cloning in the flowering process the cuttings never go back to full veg ...ive had them produce tricombs and pistils all the way through if i take em when mom is in full flower....

4. should i try to bud it all small?? or keep the light schedule at 18-20?

5. personally id go 18-6 under the MH w/ light doses of nutes for another 2-3 weeks then put her soley under the HPS to see her flower

6. HIGH All, you have to be kidding right!!!! NEVER ever have I had a clone grow into Flower mode when I'm vegging it!!!

This is what I would do....a first light feeding and then bump it up a bit (each feeding) till your ready for 12/12.

7. well as you can see i have new growth and the leaves all have trcombes.. little shrooms that are clear.. the resin glands and it doesnt smell like a veging plant it smells like flower leaves... is she turning back?

8. look at this!

Attached Files:

9. unoit ... NEVER HAD ONE GO INTO FLOWER EITHER IF I TOOK THE CUTTING IN VEG
    BUT IF I TOOK THE CUTTING WELL INTO FLOWERING THE THING SEEMS TO ALWAYS PRODUCE PISTILS AND TRICS.
    dankness... looks like those pistils are dying back and i dont see any actual tricombs..got a better pic..?
    you may not have the same thing i got goin on
    how do i post pics here??

10. Don't take a clone from a plant that is well into flower. The failure rate is a lot higher ( they are harder to root) plus you wasted some valuable bud in the process. Clone of a mother plant that is in veg.

11. NOT THAT I DO BUT ... IF YOU TAKE A CLONE IN FLOWERING .... and keep it on the same 12-12 regime under the hps for a week its success rate is better than avg. IME the clipping has less stress not having to compensate for a different light as well as the trauma of of being butchered and put to a different spectrum of light ..... NEVER has it affeced MY quality or quantity ....

YOU SAY NEVER CLONE LATE IN FLOWER smknvtec...... WHAT IF THE INDOOR GARDEN IS GOING TO SHIT IN A HURRY AND ALL YOUVE GOT LEFT OF THE SILVER HAZE IS A PLANT INTO ITS 5th WEEK OF BLOOM...:confused_2: .... DO YOU ...

A) TAKE A CLIPPING FROM THE TOP OF THE PLANT ?
    B) TAKE A CLIPPING FROM THE GROWTH TOWARD THE BOTTOM?
    C) NEVER TAKE A CLONE IN LATE FLOWER?

12. HIGH All, no need to yell FADIOUS.....I'd take a cutting from the bottom....but if that was me I would have had clones Already.

13. roger that .... but this is what DANKNESS did to get those clippings
    at any rate, success rate of when or how or you clone is not the question....
    my reply is simply that ive had clones taken in bloom produce trics and pistils through the whole process .... this is no phenominon in my house when i have to clone late...:D

i was trying to make a point ... not yell by any means... :rolleyes:

14. sweet.. the clones are goin nuts but ya pisols still forming... even new ones.. they turn red right away.. but i noticed my node spaceing is way short! she is shootn out braches every where .. is this cuz i grew momma in the window and the babys get floro and Metal Hylide? either way took my clips durrin flower from the bottom and they are growin so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!:) i cloned late cuz i was unfamilliar with it until it was blooming?

15. nice job DANKNESS .... cannabis is really resilliant if youve got a good strain.
    is there as much light in the window at all times as there is under these lights?
    id have to guess theyre getting more direct light and growing more efficiently so the clones are doin what they do ....:smoke:

16. Ya id have to agree with that... in the window they only get direct rays from 10am to 6pm but mid day... it is wonderful... i also read that UV lights for 30 mins a day... better if its 3 ten min incremints will increase THC drastically!!! SO i put my momma in the sun every day for a while and let her soak up some uv then back to the HPS.. ANYONE know bout this?

17. IMO thats gonna cause problems with clones goin hermie...
    erradic changae like that have always brought on the balls...IMO

18. id have to agree:D

19. What are you sayin will make my clones go hermy?changing the light? i have them under 18/ hours floro's.. i was using metal hylide for about 10 hours a day when the momma wasnt usen the ballast for HpS... Are u saying putting my momma plant under a UV light for 10min 3 times a day will hermy the momma? How can it just hermie? i thought that was like if that plant thinks its gonna die it hermies so that it can drop seeds "new life".. i have went from doing the best i can with sunlight , like movin her around the house to get optimal rays for 12 hours; to full 12 hours of 400 watt (150w & 250w combined)... then she got some kinda nast E bug thing goin down.. prolly cuz of the FOXFARM bloom booster i added... so i transplanted (during flower) only to find her roots are bunched up in the rock bottom layer i have for drainage... ALL of this and she has still not shown ANY sign of being anything but Female.

20. IME ive had femenized blueberry/widow go herm when:
    i had them under 12 hrs of 400w hps but during that time they ALSO recieved 4 hrs from 400 watts of wide spec fluro side lighting...
    in the last 3 -4 weeks of bloom i freaked out n had to spend alot of time trimming balls
    id grown this batch of beans successfully twice before with NO males or hermies .. until i implemented a different spectrum of light in the middle of the day.....

ive also expieremented with this in veg .... 18 hrs under mh and DURING that time fluro's for 6 hrs and then 6 hrs dark....
    results were every one was either male or herm when i sexed them ...... never grew any of them out .....

those are my expierements and their results ... there is info outhere ... i think .. i was getting it from OG at the time so im sure someone has info ...CASE studies or somthin to support it .
    hopefully your results are good to you :wave: