For all you math nerds.

Discussion in 'General' started by ThatFriendlyGuy, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Not you. I'd rather not insult anyone else though lol

2. Okay I didn't think it was me I was just wondering.

3. #23 KronicBoom, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    Can you explain how you got that? There's no way in hell it's .25% chance. My (currently drunk) logic is 29 people total - 1 cause OP is part of the 29, so 28 * 27 = 756 possible combos in OP's group divided by number of groups (9.66 {group of 2 = .66}) so 78(I think?) of the 756 possible combos include the retard in his group, so 78 / 756 = about .10317 so there's a 10.317% chance.

The number of possible combos in OP's group / by number of groups didn't come out as a whole number but should have. It probably has something to do with the - 1 to account for OP being part of the class? IDK.

Damn, this has told me that it's been too long since I've taken a math/logic class, plus I learned how to do probability but it never clicked or stuck with me so other than the 28 * 27 part I came up with all this logic in my head.

I probably messed up somewhere so someone please point out my errors and the correct logic I should have used.

Edit: just realized this is assuming OP is NOT in the group of 2.

4. [quote name='"KronicBoom"']

Can you explain how you got that? There's no way in hell it's .25% chance. My (currently drunk) logic is 29 people total - 1 cause OP is part of the 29, so 28 * 27 = 756 possible combos in OP's group divided by number of groups (9.66 {group of 2 = .66}) so 78(I think?) of the 756 possible combos include the retard in his group, so 78 / 756 = about .10317 so there's a 10.317% chance.

The number of possible combos in OP's group / by number of groups didn't come out as a whole number but should have. It probably has something to do with the - 1 to account for OP being part of the class? IDK.

Damn, this has told me that it's been too long since I've taken a math/logic class, plus I learned how to do probability but it never clicked or stuck with me so other than the 28 * 27 part I came up with all this logic in my head.

I probably messed up somewhere so someone please point out my errors and the correct logic I should have used.

Edit: just realized this is assuming OP is NOT in the group of 2.[/quote]

Nono. The odds of me and wierdo being together IN the group of 2.

5. Haha omg I feel stupid

6. [quote name='"KronicBoom"']

Haha omg I feel stupid[/quote]

We all feel stupid sometimes. I just follow murphies law. No math involved :D

7. one hundred percent of the time sometimes.