for all the dj's

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by Soxfantony773, Aug 23, 2009.

1. aight so after a trip to my cousins house and fuckin wit his expensive ass turntables for hours i started thinkin about how cool itd be to have my own cheap setup.

im lookin at this turntable::::: Gemini TT-1000 Belt Drive Turntable and more Turntables at GuitarCenter.com........

and i wanna scratch and shit with it.

was looking at this mixer.:::::::http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-VMX100-Scratch-Mixer-with-BPM-Counter-802020-i1155724.gc

what kind of needles will i need? did i miss anything? .

2. Okay...don't buy cheap gear honestly man. It will break and it will suck. And stay away from belt drive...you want direct drive. I'm telling you, atleast buy midrange...trust me on this.

Also, I might suggest you go digital for a bit and get a decent midi controller with good software, I wrote a review a bit back on the m-audio xponent. Check my youtube channel in my signature, all those vids are with the xponent. I would also look into a cdj setup...if you don't want to use a midi controller.

3. #3 Soxfantony773, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
    aight. thanks.

but what if i didnt want to go digital. would you recommend any brands?

4. Stanton, Technics for turntables...I'm partial to Pioneers and Denon for cdjs. And Midi controllers...M-audio xponent, vestex vci-100 and vci-300.

It is very tempting to want to start with cheap gear, the main problem with that is...it will either A)Sound like shit B) Be very limiting or C) Break quickly...or all three...most of the time. There is little resale value to bad gear...where as if you atleast get midrange quality stuff..and you don't like it say a few months down the line...as long as they are in good condition, you will get majority of your money back.

For a mixer I would go midrange as well...I actually know a guy though that has a behringer mixer that is cheap as shit, which he uses in is normal setup...and he does sets at big clubs down here in south florida. He has turntables, but 90% of the time he uses his cdj setup...so he has two Denon cdjs and a berhinger mixer. I'm again partial to Pioneers for cdjs though...particularly Pioneer-400s.

5. cool thanks man. you probably just saved me like 3 bills.

+rep

6. If you want to buy music accessories from Guitar Center then it's a great site for music accessories. I'll tell you a site that I found, from where you can buy Guitar Center products at a very discounted price through Guitar Center Coupons Code.