For all gamers

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by mushroomsatsuji, Mar 28, 2011.

1. [ame=http://vimeo.com/9618979]For Online Gamers like you and me on Vimeo[/ame]

2. Internet, and videogame addiction are very real problems.

Good video.

3. My whole LIFE has been a lie!!!!!!!

4. The sad part is that I was playing Leaf Green as he was talking throughout the entire thing.

5. Thats a good video, i realized during it that the only reason i still play video games at all is because i do have some good friends that i play with all the time. I have played with a select few people over a couple years and i know them all really well. I am not as serious into them anymore as i used to be but a couple years ago this video would be way too true for me, i spent way too much time on the games, and the only reasons i still play them anymore is because i enjoy playing with my friends on those games.

6. great video, ya i think as long as people balance gaming with real life it's fine, but ya some people have killed themselves over stuff that has happened in their MMO games which is tragic and absurd

7. Addiction is the problem not video games.

This guy could have been addicted to booze, weed, or anything else to ruin his life.
    Self control and choice are the differences between me and this guy, that's why I'm not a failure with all the entertainment I consume.

8. People do the same thing for sports.

9. I couldn't take it seriously with the wanna be epic music in the background and the way he talks and tries to act all influential and serious.

or maybe im just too high, making me over analyze shit :smoke:

10. Hell, smoking took away my video game obsession. I found opportunities to go out with my friends and get high and threw away my controller. I rarely have time for video games now a days, which is more a good thing. :)

11. Vimeo fuck yeah

12. Moderation my friends, moderation.

13. The sad part is the op is one of the top posters on this forum, and whats the difference between this and world of warcraft

14. I totally pawn this noob at life.

15. I can replace every reference to video games in that video with weed and the same thing would be true.

Addiction is addiction. Even relationships are addictions. They utilize the same chemical releases and reactions as addictions to everything else, minus the foreign chemical dependency (which weed doesn't have).

16. #16 Relted, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Im glad there's a lot of people around here like you who can understand something and interpret it without blindling believing what it tells you. Well said my friend. +rep

17. I play video games for probably 4-5 hours a day, sometimes all day and all night if I have the right supplies and the game is good enough. I still have a great girlfriend, all my old friends (just see them a lot less since i can't smoke and all.) my daughter, i run regularly, and am not anywhere close to overweight.

So that video is lies! :devious:

18. No it isn't. You've still spent ass loads of money on games and consoles and hundreds, maybe thousands, of hours are now gone and you can never get them back.

The only reason that video sucked is because it made video games seem bad. Video games aren't bad. Addiction is bad. You are addicted, just a functioning addict. You don't miss work or social time, you just play a lot of video games. I'm not judging (mostly because I do the same things!).

Doesn't mean you aren't addicted, though. A lot of people are addicted to a lot of things they don't know they could be addicted to.

19. Hey it's better than drugs... I think..

20. Nothing wrong with a few video games, this guy just cant seem to handle it.

If you are that addicted to games that your willing to throw away your marriage, become obese and live life in your bedroom staring at a monitor.:eek:

Than you are just weak, nuff said.:laughing: