Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Crunchy Munchie, Jul 7, 2011.

1. When are people going to realise that football is not soccer, it is football..? No american football shit, football is and should be known globally as football. One day maybe.. :rolleyes:

2. its called futbol son. get it right

3. Are you sad enough to care?

4. A bit i guess..

5. hah american football will always be better than SOCCER, european leagues are probably one of the most boring things to watch next to public broadcasting

:smoke:

6. haha :rolleyes: each to their own i guess, this is what should have the name American Football:

Sweet Goal: Portland Timbers Vs. Sporting Kansas City [VIDEO]

7. different countries have different prefs so no offense to soccer/football, that goal was sick tho, wish I didn't have to watch an hour of nothing to witness it tho :smoke:

8. Haha yeah, I get where you're coming from but thats what I like about the sport, it takes skill, concentration and teamwork to score a goal and stop the other team from scoring. It might take a while to happen but when it does its boss. :D

9. Guess who called it soccer first?

The British.

10. Just researched it like I should have to start off with and you are correct. We learn something new every day :smoke:

11. American soccer is gonna take over, as well as European basketball. Cultural flip is coming December 2012. :smoke:

12. David Beckham and Thierry Henry both play for american teams, whether thats just when the european season finishes I don't know but I've seen their teams play eachother. The american leagues might get more money put into them but I don't mind to be honest, it means that more people have the chance to play.
    African Ice Hockey coming after that? :rolleyes: (Just got reminded of Cool Runnings) :smoke:

13. I'm glad we got Beckham to bring hype to American soccer well after he was relevant too. :)

14. Exactly, its a good way to get interest in the sport though, by putting big name footballers into the american football leagues people are going to take more notice.

15. Yeah, I wanna appreciate soccer. I've been watching more of it, once I get the hang of it I'm definitely going to enjoy it a lot more.

16. Best player in the world now, imo, is Lionel Messi though. Best team is Barcelona. Not my first team like but I can appreciate their talent.
    The song's shit but the talent is there.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9etnQpaxrU]YouTube - ‪Lionel Messi FC Barcelona 2010-2011 *NEW*‬‏[/ame]

17. This is probably a better video, the whole defence is beat by only 2-3 players each time or messi just skips past people, and these are profesional teams so this is hard to do.. :smoke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khaQffxfco4&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Leo Messi | TOP 10 Goals | 2010/2011 | HD‬‏[/ame]

18. Who gives a fuck what people call it.

19. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sD_8prYOxo]YouTube - ‪John Cleese rants - Soccer vs Football‬‏[/ame]

20. American football isn't football, it's handegg.